cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate /usr/sap/trans directories

0 Kudos

Ok, I will do my best to explain what we would like to do. We want to include all SAP systems in one transport domain, mounted from Solution Manager, located in the usual /usr/sap/trans directory. However, we want to separate the EPS, cofiles, data, & log directories to the following directory structure: /usr/sap/trans/<Solution> (ie. /usr/sap/trans/GRC for GRC, /usr/sap/trans/ECC for ECC systems). Do you think this is a good idea? And what do you think would accomplish this? We understand the DIR_TRANS and TRANSDIR parameters would need to be redefined. However, I am skeptical this can be accomplished. Please provide your thoughts and let me know if more information is required.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Domenick,

in fact this is not possible. You cannot separate sub-directories (like /EPS, /data, /log, etc) under the same /usr/sap/trans and same transport group, there's no such option to do this.

You would have to create another transport groups and set up a new directory structures (/usr/sap/trans/<Solution>) for each one.

You can tweak STMS for diff routes, diff system types, diff transport groups and many other things, but you can't deattach the subdirectories under /trans on the same transport group, I'm sorry

I hope this information clarifies.

Best regards,

Tomas Black

0 Kudos

Tomas,

Thanks for you response. I was afraid that was the answer. However, I did find where you can separate the EPS directory only. This will help to manage support package applications, etc. The parameter is DIR_EPS_ROOT. Does this sound right to you?

Regards,

Domenick

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Domenick,

yes, you can use DIR_EPS_ROOT to setup individual /EPS/* directory to individual directories, to better organize the PAT files according to your needs. You can also setup the transport profile parameter SID_LOG_FILES (see note #[1223360|https://bosap-support.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/1223360]) to setup individual /log subdirectories for the same purpose, but you have no option to setup individual /bin, /buffer, /cofiles and /data, these must be in a common, shared directory for this transport group.

Best regards,

Tomas Black

0 Kudos

Thanks again! I will definitely look into this note.

Answers (0)