cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to translate Smartform to different language other than SE63?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Talents,

I am getting a problem that I can not translate a existing Smartform into Spanish(initially in French) with SE63. There is always a error message 'Incorrect Codepage'. And if I try to log in with Spanish, i find that the Spanish language is not installed.

BUT the most weird thing is that, there is already Smartform with Spanish language maintained in this system, I don't know how... so I am wondering if there is some other ways to translate smartform beside SE63...

Anybody knows?

Thanks so much!

Richard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard Lee,

Data remains same and i think you want to include some terms & Conditions or some description in French/Spanish language?

You can try with standard Text so10 copy Content in Standard Text and include it in SMart form/ copy the content directly into the editor . Try this if this does not work then please check if you have Language package installed in your system.

SAP BASIS/ SECURITY team can help you in this regard.

If the language package is not installed then output will appear like junk characters.

Let us know if this does not help or if this is not the case.

Regards,

KC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks KC and Aidan!

The system I use is a development system, I cannot transport TR from other sys to this one, and the Spanish language indeed not installed on this system, so the SE63 cannot be used. And to contact BASIS will take a lot of time...

But anyway, I am lucky enough to find a solution to this topic, as below:

1. Set a break point in the FM: SCP_ALLOWED_LANGUAGES, line 23.

if sy-subrc <> 0 or languages = space.

2. Go to SE63 and execute it with the target language(Spanish in my case), click the button 'Edit'.

3. When the program stops at the break point we set in the 1st step, check the value of 'languages', in this, we have the allowed language for SE63 of this smartform, and we can append the target language key(S for Spanish) to the value of 'languages'.

4. Press F8, then you can translate the smartform into the language you desired no matter if it is installed.

Regards,

Richard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

Edited by: Kittu on Oct 20, 2011 10:42 AM

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perhaps you could translate it via SE63 in a diferent system and transport it into this system.

Regards,

Aidan