Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Measurement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I am performing System Measurement USMM in our Development System.

I have 4 clients in the system, but we are using only one client out of it. So selected that particular client only for measurement.

I got the result as below:

Results by User Type

UserType ID Surcharges Number

Test 91 21

SAP Application Developer CA 1

Distribution of Technical User Types

Dialog 1

System 3

Communications Data 3

Reference (Logon not possible) 13

Service 15

We have purchased only 1 Developer License.

Please help me understanf following questions:

1. Based on above output, hw much licenses will SAP consider in the Development system?

2. Will SAP consider Service users also for licensing? The Service users are accounts like ADS_AGENT, Service users from R3 to Poratl connectivity.

3. Since I have 3 more clients (excluded from Measurement), will the users from those clients also be considered for SAP Licenses? There are about 1000 test users from other 3 clients.

Thanks

Sagar

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sagar,

Subject to your agreement with them, it would normally only be the number of users in the Production system that SAP would want to know about. The number of users in DEV is usually not an issue. The only thing they might query is if you have several developers in the DEV or TEST systems, but not in Production.

They don't count Service users or Communication users.

Tony