cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Return Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a query on the follwoing sales return scenario.

A manufacturer has two plants viz: a manufacturing plant and a sales depot which are located in two different states which will typically relate to two sales organisations . A sale has been done to a customer from the manufacturing plant. The customer wants to return some material due to damages/defect but can only send the material to the depot location since it is nearer to him. since the sale is from manufacturing plant how do we execute the returns process. Please note there are Excise and tax implications.

Appreciate some suggestion on this

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

SInce this is excise Involved , you have to capture the excise amount back from your customer for the damaged goods through MIGO after creating Customer as a vendor .This too is only possible from manufacturing plant. Or if the depot has got excise registration , you can capture in J1IG the excise Invoice and pass it to manufacturing plant while making STO to manufacturing plant where excise invoice can be captured and updated the register.

With Regards'

S.Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sir,

In this scenario I understand that under the same company with different Exicise and tax camponents, you have a plant and a depot in different states fine.

You can take returns at depot as required by the customer, maintain proper pricing for stock trancefer from depot to plant taking Excise and tax part in to account., and try it out.

Regards

DSR

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aniket,

In one of the scenarios i have worked, they take a return back to the manufacturing stock and do an STO from manufacturing plant to depot in SAP while physically the material will be returned by the customer to the depot.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Edited by: Hegal . K . Charles on Oct 19, 2011 8:38 AM