cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't delete a sales order item which has canceled the billing document.

0 Kudos

SO 22000001/20

-> Invoice for 2200001/20 2011/10/11 Completed

-> Accounting Document 44000001 2011/10/11 Cleared

->Cancel. INV F. 23000001/20 2011/10/13 Completed

->Accounting Document 28000001 2011/10/13 Cleared

I bill a sales order related item and then I found there is a error.

and I canceled this billing and want to delete this sales order item.

the system shows error message which shows "already has subsequent document"

but I have already canceled the billing. why can't I deleted the sales order item 20?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do as per Mr. Shiva ram suggested, come to VA02 select the line item and give reason for rejection and save the document,the line item will not come in to invoice.

Regards

Ram

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but I have already canceled the billing. why can't I deleted the sales order item 20?

Correct solution (use rejection reason) has already been given, but to explain "why" - this is because the sales order and line number have already been captured in the document flow and as the reference field on the subsequent document. For example, if you look in VBRP table for the cancelled invoice, you'll most likely see the order number there. If the record is deleted, it'd caus inconsistencies in the database and loss of reference data.

The sales order and delivery item can only be deleted if there are no consequent documents. If you delete the delivery you can also delete the order afterwards and the order with no delivery may also be deleted. But as soon as you create an invoice (which can only be cancelled, not deleted because it's a financial document), then it's not possible to delete the order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hung Fa Hu

In order to cancel the sales document firest respective billing documnet and delivery documnet (Reverse PGI) has to be calcelled.

Then only system will allow you to cancel the sales document.

In your case you canceled the invoice and you just reverse the PGI by using the t.code (VL09) and go to the va02 assign the reason for rejection. and this document will not be used any longer.

Save the document.

Please check it and revert

Thanks&Regards

Raghu.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check Delivery has been created for that item or not. If created , cancel it and try to delete the item.

With Regards

S.Siva

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to put reason for rejection for the line item and check the document status.

Regards,