cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed system missing from list in "Diagnostics Self Check"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

My SM system is version 7.0 EHP1 SP25. I have successfully added several managed systems to this SM system, and they all show up in the list of systems at the location below.

SOLMAN_WORKCENTER -> Root Cause Analysis -> Common Tasks -> Setup and Check -> Diagnostics Self Check

However, I have recently configured another managed system, that does not show up in the list above. I can see this new managed system in other areas of SM, such as SMSY, System Maintenance, System Browsing, etc, but I cannot find this system when trying to run the diagnostics self check. I have confirmed that it does not exist in this list, under any of the filter options (errors/warnings/success).

I have completed all of the steps to configure the managed system(SOLMAN_SETUP -> Managed System Configuration -> Configure Technical System ...), as I have done for the other managed systems that are correctly included in the list of managed systems.

How are managed systems added to the list of systems to be checked by the diagnostics self check?

Any suggestions as to why this system is not listed?

Regards,

Russel Robbins

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not found any information for this issue, in the linked document above.

Also, I have noticed that these "missing" systems are listed in the diagnostics self check area, after a peroidic process runs. This process runs weekly, which I can see reported in the list of systems in the self check area, but I have not been able to determine what triggers this peroidic process. I looked for background jobs, but so far I have not found any that match the schedule and that are related to this. Also, when this process runs (weekly), all managed systems are listed, but are listed with errors. However, when I run the individual self check for each managed system, most are reported as successful (as they should be).

Any ideas on what is trigerring this weekly process? or why some systems are not listed, until after that process has executed?

Regards,

Russel Robbins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perhaps you could check the Diagnostics toubleshooting guide:

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/002007974700000409092009E/DiagAgent_TroubleShooting.pdf

Maybe there is an issue with the diagnostics agent installation on the host of required managed system.

Regards,

Srikishan