Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Replication to SUS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SUS Gurus,

We are implementing. MM-SUS.

I ran transaction BBPGETVD in SUS client, were able successfully to replicate the vendors from ECC to SUS. I did not use XI / PI at all.

My question is,

Why do we need XI / PI in middle (per SAP documents) to replicate Vendors to SUS?

Can i not use the Vendors replicated using transaction BBPGETVD, in SUS scenarios?

If yes, what are the shortcomings using this vendor data?

Thanks,

Jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am agree with nikki , bbpgetvd its to transfer vendor from ECC to SRM

regards

Edited by: Christian A on Oct 18, 2011 10:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nikhil and Christian.

I knew transaction BBPGETVD used in SRM to replicate Vendors. But, the same transaction works in SUS.

We are evaluating whether we can eliminate PI interface to replicate Vendor into SUS, still use transaction BBPGETVD, BBPUPDVD and make SUS scenarios to work.

My question is

What are other data points that PI (ECC BD14 / IDoc method) interface brings that is not satisfied by vendors replicated via BBPGETVD.

I read the SUS Vendor (IDOC) replication process, i do not see that brings specific data other than Setting Vendor as Portal Vendor, then passing email address in LFURL field in user exit.

If i can do this via enhancement in SUS, still use transaction BBPGETVD, what would happen? I compared the DB tables in both method, i did not find any difference

Have anyone done in SUS (scenarios) successfuly using Vendors replicated via transaction BBPGETVD.

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jay

Pl read my reply carefully

Your vendors need to be identified with a SUS class which will hold a message type which in turn holds the vendor data in segments.

With your current setup, if you try to push a PO for any vendor from MM to SUS, the PO will fail in SUS because it will fail to identify the corresponding vendor

If your objective is to only hold vendors in SUS system, then you can stay contended with your current approach, but if you want POs to be sent to your SUS vendors, then kindly replicate vendors via BD14.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

i am facing the same situation.

currnetly my client wants just to replicate the vendor to SUS without any exchange of documents like PO etc.

i have no system on which to test if this replication is working without PI via BBPGETVD and i need to give an answer asap.

do you know fore sure if i can use BBPGETVD just for replication, without PI?

regards,

Catalin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Catalin,

Although you can replicate vendors from ECC to SUS using BBPGETVD, you should not do it. It will not transmit number of information required in SUS for document exchange between the system such as confirmation key.

You need to use PI for transferring the same.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Ranjan Sutradhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

the supplier registration process wont fullfill. thats why you need to create SUS supplier with a interface called SupplierPortalTradingPartner_CreateOrChange_IN (IN for inbound and OUT for outbound say from SRM)

this calls FM BBP_XI_BUPA_IN to generate a SUS specific supplier.

This wont be successful if you are going though bbpgetvd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

10x for your answer!

In fact i will not need a document exchange between the systems.

Now I am trying on the replication via bbpgetvd but I am facing an error

No data records found for system E30CLNT200,client 200; check your entries

every time i am trying to replicate a vendor I am getting this message, even though i know for sure that the supplier exist in system E30CLNT200.

any ideas?

best regards,

Catalin

Former Member
0 Kudos

in bbpgetvd, make sure you pass ECC rfc destination..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jay,

This is not the right way to replicate vendors to SUS. You need to run BD14 in your MM system and then transfer the vendors to SUS system. This is because your vendors need to be identified with a SUS class which will hold a message type which in turn holds the vendor data in segments.

With your current setup, if you try to push a PO for any vendor from MM to SUS, the PO will fail in SUS because it will fail to identify the corresponding vendor. Pl refer configuration guide for more details on above.

Regards,

Nikhil