cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Cluster SAP ECC DB2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I´m installing SAP ECC with DB2 in a Windows MSCS environment. I already installed all the critical components in the cluster, and now I need to install the CI. I´m using only 2 nodes. I have the following doubt:

Do I need to install a local CI in the first node and the local DI in the second node and that is enought in case of failure?

Or

Do I need to install a local CI in the first node and then a local CI in the second node too?

In this context CI and DI is the same?

Because in the installation guide the paragraph is a little bit confuse:

To protect system components that are non-SPOFs, for example application servers, you have to install them as multiple components. In this case you must install at least two application servers (one central instance and at least one dialog instance) on two different hosts.

Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> Do I need to install a local CI in the first node and the local DI in the second node and that is enought in case of failure?

How did you started the installation? You should perform the steps, under "High-Availability System" So, you will install ASCS first. Then, database instance, ERS, Central instance and Dialog instance

>> To protect system components that are non-SPOFs, for example application servers, you have to install them as multiple components. In this case you must install at least two application servers (one central instance and at least one dialog instance) on two different hosts.

It means that you should have 2 application servers. If one fails another will take all the resources and continue to the service. In short you will anstall 2 application servers in the HA installation.

Read and follow the installation guide, very carefully.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I followed the steps in the installation guide under "High-Availability System". First I installed ASCS then database instance and then ERS.

It is mandatory to install a DI?

When you talk about application server you refers to CI or DI? or both?

Thank you

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> It is mandatory to install a DI?

Yes, it is

>> When you talk about application server you refers to CI or DI? or both?

I am talking about both

Under the normal conditions, CI and DI will continue to give the service without any problem, at the cluster environment.

Think that, at a time, your central instance has crashed. At this case, the other node (DI) will have the central instance role and continue to run. By doing so, DI will be CI.

I hope that it is clear.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards

Answers (0)