cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Channel automatic stop and start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In PI 7.1, I would like to stop Communication Channel for a certain time frame and make it start once the time frame is completed.

The stop and start both should happen automatically.

I am aware that in Availability Time Planning - RWB, there is a setting to make the Communication Channel available for the time duration specified.

But in our case,the Communication channel will be running and when the time stamp is reached it should stop automatically and also start automatically later.

Please help me with this.

Regards,

Aparna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI.

On Availability Planning.. choose Daily an put the time a long time for example 23 hr.. the channel will stop automatically and start againg in the next day.

Regards

Lucho

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the following url to start and stop communication channels.

Link: http://hostname:port/AdapterFramework/ChannelAdminServlet?party=party&service=service&channel=channe...

action will be start / stop

Regards,

Indranil

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create script and make the channels start and stop time automatic.

refer this link:

Create unix script and call as below.. You set some system timestamp and invoke the below command for starting the channel . SImilarly for stopping give action= stop.

Example:

wget http(s)://host:port/AdapterFramework/ChannelAdminServlet?party=party&service=service&channel=channel&action=start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Good Day!

Do you have any info or web site related to automatic stop and start communication channel while creating jobs in SAP PI 7.3

Regards,

Hari Suseelan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI.

On Availability Planning.. choose Daily an put the time a long time for example 23 hr.. the channel will stop automatically and start again in the next day.

Regards

Lucho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I schedule on Availability Time Planning and once I make it active, the Communication Channel is getting stopped immediately.

And again its getting started and then stopped during the time specified in ATP.

But the CC should not get stopped just when i made the changes in ATP...

Other than script any other options for automatic stop and start....Please suggest!

Regards,

Aparna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the reason of your stop whereas you defined an availibility-time planning is certainly because in your CC you have a polling = 0 second. 0 second that means the CC is run only once, and only once.

Remind: an availibility-time planning, is to limit this polling in the time in order to not have a 24/7 polling. With a range (A; B), for instance, you start your CC at time A, but after that it's the figure in polling option which is used by PI to process again and again your CC... until your are at time B, for which the stop will be done.

please check the polling figures that you have in your CC. but normally availibility-time planning should be enough.

If it's not the case, you have to do an external trigerring either by using a unix script or by buying an external scheduler tool. What ever your decision, the http address to do that is the same. see other answers. be careful with an external tool / external unix, because you have to manage properly the STOP and the START action. Do several tests, because there is a sequence to be respected. See in RWB it's not possible to do a START of a CC, if this CC is already START (see button stop/start).

hope this help you.

Regards.

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved...by creating two schedulers with 'once' I could plan Communication channels unavailable time..