cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve Performance for SAP ME SDK 2.1 Environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need some recommendation how to improve performance of the development environment for SAP ME SDK.

The main reason is to speed up the ME.SCA deployment process.

Is there recommended exception list for anti-virus, specifically McAfee?

Is there recommended configuration for SAP NW server?

Is there recommended configuration for Oracle DB?

Other recommendations like hardware configuration.

Thanks

Ivan Dulko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

There are no formal recommendations that I can point to beyond the hardware requirements stated in the install guide, but what I can say is that based on my experience the vast majority of time spent during SCA deployment is in compiling JSPs (which is actually part of application startup). You can get an idea of how much time is spent on your system by taking the difference between the oldest and newest file timestamps from JSPs in the

usr\sap\LKG\J00\j2ee\cluster\apps\sap.com\me~ear\servlet_jsp\manufacturing\work

directory immediately following deployment (substitute your own SID and instance number in the path).

Usually AV recommendations are under the juristiction of your company's security policy, so we cannot make any recommendation here. All I would say is that if it does not violate your company's policy then I would exclude the \usr, \sapdb, and Oracle or Sql Server installation directories. It's difficult to say how much of a gain you would get for deployment though.

As for NetWeaver, you should be able to run with the default configuration (e.g. that which comes with the Developer Workplace install). I don't know of anything that you would adjust from the default value that would help speed deployment.

On the database side I have always run Oracle enterprise with the default configuration. I have never seen any bottleneck here granted there's adequate physical memory available.

If you find JSP compiling is the biggest offender, then you may want to log a ticket against ME. There was a work around done in 6.0 that may we may be able to backport to 5.2. No guarantees, but it's worth a try.

0 Kudos

Sorry, I missed that you are working with ME 6.0, so disregard the suggestion to log a ticket. Now that I've got it straight, are you using NW 7.3 on Windows 7? Just want to make sure your running the certified platform. If so, let me know how long deployment is taking so I can compare.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

I am running SAP ME on NW 7.3 SP3 on Windows 7 64bit.

The best deployment time I could achieve is 13min 35sec from start to finish. Compiling JSP took 9m 32s and this is the biggest hitter on the performance.

Do you know any way how to improve the compilation time?

Thanks

Ivan