cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TAX val determination code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I hope someone can help me on where part VF01 did the value of tax value in accounting came from or computed..

TNX and have great day.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tax is determined from your pricing procedure, condition records maintained, material master, region of plant and region of ship to party.

check the condition type and access sequence in which it is assigned that is the way the tax is determined.

regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tnx sudhir for quick response, to be honest with u im not familiar with the turn around in SD, If is not very interperance with u i would like to know how can i check the following suggestion u give..

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

in additional Im trying to create a billing document in vf01, then i debug it to see where the process of computation for tax value determine, but until now i cant find it,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First Go to V/08 - check the pricing procedure u are using

check the taxes condition type and also the accounting key

now go to V/06 and check the condition type inside that you will have access sequence. check what sequeces are used

then go to customer master sales area view you can check the tax related condition types in Billing tab where you will give nil tax, cst or vat, or any other taxes applicable

same way in amaterial master in sales tab you will get the same condition type like in customer master

now in condition record ie VK11 you will find the combinationof all this where the tax relevant value it maintained

and for all this the GL account is assigned in VKOA.

Regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Just trying to Understand your problem......... Do you mean to say that the tax value has appeared in Sales Order but failed to appear in Invoice.......... Or its jus that you are checking the Invoice and you are not getting the tax value???

Well whatever the case may be Check your Billing document (Invoice ) carefully.... Double click on Item..........and Than click on condition tabs ..... If you can see the tax condition type (lets say MWST) select it and click on the condition record details icon at the left down corner of the condition tab page ..... Here you will understand which record is used to determine that tax condition ........... Subsequently if the record exits and still conditon has failed to display the value... check which routine or requirement is stopping it from display.......

Just from concept point of view, taxes will be redermined in invoice again, even if it has been determined in sales order. Hence based on certain conditon the tax in sales order can differ.........

Many Thanks

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tnx Prashant for replying.. the scenario is I want to determine how in standard program did the billing document compute the tax value located in accounting and viewed in VF03,. this scenario agonize me whether this from sd side or from the abap side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In VF03 on top u can see the Accounting tab click on that , in that you can see the tax codes used for each GL account, the other option is go to the condition tab in Billing document and double click on the tax conditions you can see the GL and tax codes used.

Regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tnx Sudhir,

(question), the VF01 in only retrieving the value of sales order w/c created in va01, iam correct ? and if I understand it correctly determining the tax value is not actually created in vf01, in addition the tax value is generated only through configuration?..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Yes,your understanding is true,taxes are being finalized at sales order level only not at invoice and the tax amounts will be calculated on relevant source as per the condition record, what ever the taxes are finalized those amounts are posted to relevant GL's.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just adding the value ICM3 (ICMS from sd) is the one I want to now the tax value retrieval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You all ..

for the help u rendered.. Ur knowledge u share to me helps alot...

Answers (0)