Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Release Authorization For a user

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All

We have the user with sap_all authorization.

Now we would like to remove RELEASE authorization ( REMOVE RELEASE TRUCK ICON) for the user.

Few developers are developing objects which includes other name spaces so we like only specific person to release a transport, after perfect validation.

Could you please help me in creating a role where developer would be having access to create a transport request but shouldn't have authorization to release the transport.

Thanks!

Vardhan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Couple of points here:

1. If the User is having SAP_ALL then why do you want an access control for some specific activities. I mean if there is a requirement of access control, then why SAP_ALL has been assigned to the user at the first place?

2. Have you done enough research on the auth objects related to Transports? This is a very Basic question and I would request you have further study on this.

HINT: S_TRANSPRT

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Couple of points here:

1. If the User is having SAP_ALL then why do you want an access control for some specific activities. I mean if there is a requirement of access control, then why SAP_ALL has been assigned to the user at the first place?

2. Have you done enough research on the auth objects related to Transports? This is a very Basic question and I would request you have further study on this.

HINT: S_TRANSPRT

0 Kudos

HI

Thanks for the reply,

i have done the following things by deleting SAP_ALL from profiles

in this S_TRANSPRT Transport Organizer

i have disabled RELEASE option and every thing went fine

Thanks!

Vardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Debmalya rightly gave u the hint please investigate the the ACTVT values for the object S_TRANSPRT.

Regards,

Dipesh