Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number creation

former_member512784
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to create serial number for final product and its 2 sub assemblies in SAP after quality inspection.

And these 3 parts should have a link for traceability.

Is this possible In standard.

Janardhanan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create serial numbers for header and child materials using IQ01. Then maintain serial number hierarchy after accessing serial number of header material by IQ02. In the structure tab, maintain sub equipments by entering child materials.

This is possible even if materials are not assigned serial number profiles. Customize serial number profiles and assign to materials if you want serial numbers to be entered in some of MM functions (either optional or mandatory).

former_member512784
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, your suggestion is almost to my requirement.

I created a serial number through IQ01 for final product and sub assemblies and assigned sub assemblies serial numbers to final product in IQ02.

Only thing is after assigning everything in IQ02, sub assembly serial numbers are not visible in structure tab,

Please let me know if any solution to display sub-assembly serial numbers also in struture tab.

Also while while creating a serial number, system is creating a equipment number parallely, it should not happen, any idea for this??

Please advice..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A material and serial number combination makes an equipment in the system. This is the standart behaviour and cannot be changed.

You should see equipment numbers for sub-serial numbers in structure tab. The view in the tab may not be changed, however if you call structure list from the upper menu, you will be able to edit the layout.

Regards.

former_member512784
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

prashantatri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi janardha,

U just have to do is assign a serial number profile in material master.

For tracability, go to IQ03 and click in the button serial number history.

Regards

Prashat Atri

vasudevap_pushpalas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

You can check bapi BAPI_INSPLOT_GETDETAIL and also try in Try QAES table

with Regards

Pushpalas

former_member512784
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Inspection lot will not contain any serial number.

At the end of inspection only we need to create serial number for final product and sub assemblies.

should be stored and retrievable.

Assigned serial number has no link with other modules, this is only for QA analysis purpose..

Any way in SAP??

Edited by: E.M. Janardhanan on Oct 18, 2011 12:18 PM