cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast Consumption Not happening

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO Gurus,

I am facing an issue with forecast consumption. I have created custom ATP category for sales order "Z1"and included this custom ATP category of sales order in category group of sales order--D11. This custom ATP category was created with reference to standard sales order ATP category BM. Every setting of these two ATP categories is exactly same.

When i create custom sales order(with ATP category "Z1") in APO using BAPI:- BAPI_SLSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2, these sales order are not consuming forecast. I have set requirement strategy as 20 and backward/forward consumption as 999.

I need to have forecast consumption by these custom sales order, request your help in resolving this issue.

Below are few observations:-

1.) If i create sales order with category "BM" using same BAPI, it is consuming forecast.

2.) If i CIF sales order then also forecast consumption is happening.

3.) I have already ran utility:- /SAPAPO/CSP_CORRECT_FCST multiple times, but its not resolving this issue and doesn't give any error as well.

Let me know if any one of you as ever faced this issue in your experience.

Thanks

Akhilesh

+91-9764341911

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

tor_holter
Explorer
0 Kudos

What was the solution to problem #2?

Regards,

Tor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO Implementer,

What is Req Reduction? you are talking about having active IM for Req Reduction.

Thanks

Akhilesh

+91-9764341911

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

The requirement reduction integration model is what enables forecast "reduction" - which is the process of reducing the forecast (i.e. withdrawing it) as soon as a PGI is performed. Without an active integration for Req. Reduction, forecast reduction (occurring after PGI) does not take place in APO.

Since you stated that this is a standard scenario for consumption, I am assuming that you are CIF'ing sales orders and deliveries from ECC. You should have a separate integration model also for Req Reduction if you want the withdrawal quantity to appear in APO upon PGI.

Sorry if I am making this unclear!

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did I answer your questions or did you have more? If so I'm wondering if you feel that my answers deserve points?

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

It is contrary to forum policies to request points. Many moderators will 'pull' such posts and revoke awarded points.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

Did not know that. Apologies. I attempted to edit my comment but I am not being allowed to change it by the site. I will continue to check back and remove as soon as I can.

Thanks for the note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

Once somebody replies to a post, it becomes uneditable.

You might want to read the rules of engagement. It is pretty specific about points issues.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

You are the only one who responded to my post. Can you delete your remark so I can edit my comment? If you knew that I couldn't edit then why didn't you respond to another post in the chain to make it easy for me? I believe you would have to delete your most recent post first so I can back-track the chain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

You have made three assumptions:

1. I can delete my post (I can't)

2. If my post is deleted, that your post will then become editable (I have no evidence that would support this assumption)

3. I 'somehow' would divine that you would wish to edit your original sin.

I didn't report your post. If the moderator happens to see your post and then decides that he doesn't like it, he will send you an email saying so. End of story. Otherwise, I suggest that you just move on. No real harm done.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

So you assumed that I wouldn't want to erase my original sin??? 😛

Thanks for the advice, and I have now read the rules more closely.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

I make no assumptions about you. In my line of work, assumptions lead to bad business decisions.

As for me, my Karmic burden already weighs me down. There are not enough years left in me to fix all the things I have broken. ;-{

I no longer crave to reverse earlier mistakes, only to learn from them. As you have.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49/All,

I have a issue with planning book. I have created a sales order. It has been confirmed by conusming data from planning book. After few weeks consumed data and forecast data is missing in planning book. For better understanding:

I created sales order for week 49- got confirmed by consuming from Week 49.

At present in planning book, no data(consumed and forecast data is not present) for the week 49.

Could you please suggest to solve this.

Regards,

MDK

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Khaja

Please use /SAPAPO/RRP3 Product View , Goto Forecast Tab to know about Forecast  Consumption Situation Details.

Here you will see week wise details of consumption. As per my understanding following are the details of those columns -

A : Original Forecast Qty

B : Forecast Qty  for which Good issue has been posted. SO and Delivery Qty which is PGI’d(Reduction)

C : Forecast Qty  which is consumed by Open Sales orders or Deliveries (Consumption)

D : Forecast Qty  which is not yet allocated/consumed.  (D) = (A) – {(B) + (c)}

E : Shortage Qty.  When Order Qty exceeds the Forecast Qty.

Please let us know what you see in these columns.

Besides usually Forecast in the past is deleted using  Tcode  /SAPAPO/RLCDEL.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Issue#1

I have ran this utility multiple times, but its not correcting. Probably i need to raise OSS message to sort it out.

For Issue#2

I think i have confused you, i have two scenarios first where i have sales order/delivery coming from external system. I am not worried about them as i will not be doing PGI for such order.

Second scenario which i am having is very standard scenario. I have forecast in APO and creating sales order/ delivery in ECC. When they come to APO they consume forecast. Till this point every thing is fine. As soon as i do PGI of delivery, then that quantity should move to withdrawal from allocated, but in my case its not going to withdrawal but getting removed from allocated. This is resulting in increase of forecast quantity. I am tring to resolve this issue and seeking your help.

Thanks

Akhilesh

+91-9764341911

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

Re: Issue #2, do you have an active integration model for Req Reduction (in addition to an active IM for SOs / Deliveries)? That's really the only thing I could think of that would cause it not to work in the standard scenario.

Also, you'll want to check that the relevant materials are in active integration models. This could cause requirement reduction not to happen because of the setting you might have in ECC transaction CFC9 for "Filter Obj. Req. Reduction."

Sorry for misunderstanding! Let me know on that point...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This worked perfectly! thanks a lot for your help:-)

But there are still some issues:-

1.) Forecast consumption in overview tab and Detail tab doesn't match. Meaning i see allocated quantity in overview tab and but don't see same in detail tab. Hence Remaining quantity also doesn't match in both views.

2.) In case of standard delivery coming from ECC, when we are doing PGI it is not going in withdrawal column rather it is disappearing and increasing forecast value. Any idea why this can happen?

Once again, thanks for helping me on the issue. Please let me know if you have any idea on above mentioned issues faced by me,

Thanks

AKhilesh

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

I believe the program /SAPAPO/CSP_CORRECT_FCST should fix the issue you're talking about in #1... or at least that's my guess. But for the second issue, I'm afraid I might be at a dead-end for helping. We had to write an enhancement on my last project to accomplish what you're seeking to with consumption/reduction with SO's from an external OTC system. I believe there are BAPI's out there to achieve both the SO/Delivery save and delete as well as the forecast reduction (but I'm less technical and more functional, so I can't recall specifically).

Anyway, I'm sorry I'm not more help! Perhaps someone else can chime in...

Edited by: APO Implementer on Oct 20, 2011 4:53 PM

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

Which requirements strategy are you using for your in-scope product locations? Go to the "Specify Requirements Strategies" in the IMG and double-check which Category Group is assigned to the strategy. This is what determines which categories actually consume, not the presence of the KF in the actual SO Key Figure. I believe if you add your custom category to the category group K01 (or even better, create a custom CatGrp and reassign to the requirements strategy you're using), then it should work. Post back if you try this and still don't have any luck.

Hint: Check the help on the field CatGrp in the Requirements strategy config. It explains the use of the field in config for SNP.