cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number usage in QM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In inspection results recording or defects recording we are able to enter the measured values for each serial number. Are there any reports with which we could query the results of inspction for a particular serial number. In QA32 or QE51N we not have serial number as the selection criteria. Any pointers will be appreciated.

Regards

Ram

Edited by: Ramanujan Chitrakootam on Oct 18, 2011 1:30 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Physical samples are created based on sample drawing procedure that you assign in the header of the task list where as the serial numbers are created equal to the Inspection lot size.

BOTH ARE NOT RELATED ...

QM has relation with serial numbers( for result recording ) as follows :

1.Material master

-Select 'serial number possible' indicator for the inspection type .

2.Inspection characteristic

-Select 'single result' in control indicator

3.Sampling procedure

-Select '100% inspection' in sampling type

4.Result recording

-Result rows are seperated by count of serial

-Each serial number assigned automatically in inspection unit number column

-You can record the result for each serial number

I hope this will make your concept clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Yes i did figure out that we could carry out inspection for each serial number. Is there a way to query in reports based on serial numbers for example in QA32 or QE51N? Serial number does not appear in the selection criteria.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cehck Table SER04 -->enter seial number & get value of Obj List

Go to Table OBJK --->Get Inspection lot number

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking for standard reports!

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you manage to activate inspection for serial numbers? I have checked the "serial num poss" box in the insp. type in the material master, added a 100% sampling procedure, attached MICharacteristic with single result recording but still when a lot is generated (checking on 03) in QE51N, the recording screen doesn't show serial number wise recording columns/table. Help?

The production order (ca02) has characteristics attached and it is created with serial numbers (it show that 20 serial numbers have been generated). please help.

Answers (0)