cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade SAP portal with ERP components to Netweaver 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo, experts!!

I am trying to upgrade my portal to version 7.3. Now I have 7.01 kernel. I calculated my stack with Solution manager. When I riched the step where *.XML file is analized i get erorr:

The stack does not match the DVD. Provide correct stack. Current upgrade master DVD has kit ID 54284a30-7d4b-11df-ab96-0030058415aa but the provided stack is for DVD SAP NetWeaver 7.30 Upgrade Master DVD with kit ID 9e7ba0b0-2539-11df-86d0-0030058415aa.

I am using

SAP Business Suite 7 SR1

Upgrade Master

Enablement for SAP NetWeaver 7.3

Number 51041445

As I can see it is the latest version. What could you say about this?

best regards, Denis Telepenko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

10days back i have upgraded EP 7.0 to EP 7.3 sp02 . When i trying to upgrade ep , iam also got same error. your EP system have the ERP components that is reason your getting that Error. you need to register EP system in solution manager different ways see the solution for that. you need to do below settings in solution manager.

1.Register smsy product system Your EP (DEP) with product version SAP ERP 6.0

and mark the java isntance ---SAP XSS (Self Services)

link it to java techncal system DEP(SID).

Step1:

2.Register smsy product system DEP with PV ERP EHP release,

For your cause you have SAP ESS 603, I am not sure it's EHP4 or EHP3

for ERP6.0, it requires you to make a decision. i have registered DEP(SID) system as ERP EHP4

also mark the instance SAP XSS (Self Services) and link it to java

techncal system DEP..

3. t-code SMSY

mark one more java instance Portsal Content Self Services

and link it to java technical system DEP(SID)

Then you can run a new MOPZ to upgrade your NW system.

Step2:

use below DVDs for EP 7.3 upgrade.

1. NW_JAVA_Comp : 51041442

2. BS7_JAVA_Comp : 51041443

3. Upgrade Master : 51041445

4. DVD_KERNEL : 51041448

Step3:

1. For a pure NW system, SAP NetWeaver 7.30 Upgrade Master DVD ( kit id:9e7ba0b0-2539-11df-86d0-0030058415aa ) will be selected;

2. For a dual stack system or ABAP system, SAP NetWeaver 7.30 Upgrade

Master DVD ( kit id: 9e7ba0b0-2539-11df-86d0-0030058415aa ) will also

be selected;

3. For a java system,

1) SAP Business Suite 7 Enablement (BS2008SR1) Upgrade shipment ( kit

id: 54284a30-7d4b-11df-ab96-0030058415aa ) will be selected in case of

BS7 products, including EHP4, SAP SRM 7.0, SAP CRM 7.0, SAP SCM 7.0 on

NW 730;

2) SAP Business Suite 7 i2010 Enablement Upgrade shipment ( kit id:

868f1eb0-9964-11df-91df-0030058415aa ) will be selected in case of

BS7i2010, including EHP5 FOR SAP ERP 6.0, EHP1 FOR SAP SRM 7.0,

EHP1 FOR SAP CRM 7.0 on NW7.30

if you have any other queries contact to me.

Ram

Solution Architect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the post, I have Configured as stated above and the new generated .xml file worked with the upgrade DVD.

But we hit the error stating :

The execution of PREPARE/CONFIG/BIND_SUPPORT_PACKAGES ended in error.

com.sap.sdt.util.diag.DevelopmentSupportRequiredException: Assertion failed for (Usage 'sap.com/BP-ERP cannot be found in the mapping) at com.sap.sdt.util.diag.SDT.check(SDT.java:37).

com.sap.sdt.util.diag.DevelopmentSupportRequiredException: Assertion failed for (Usage 'sap.com/BP-ERP cannot be found in the mapping) at com.sap.sdt.util.diag.SDT.check(SDT.java:37).

More information can be found in the log file /usr/sap/EIX/upg/java/log/BIND_SUPPORT_PACKAGES_BSP_04.LOG.

Use the information provided to trouble-shoot the problem. There might be an OSS note providing a solution to this problem. Search for OSS notes with the following search terms:

com.sap.sdt.j2ee.phases.PhaseTypeBindSupportPackages

com.sap.sdt.util.diag.JavaException

Any suggestions ? Thank you,

Best Regards,

Neel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm also encountering the same error in PREPARE/CONFIG/BIND_SUPPORT_PACKAGES step.

Did you manage to resolve this?

Thanks

Alvin

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you selected ESS and MSS during the xml generation?

Nirmal.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are also upgrading EP from 7.01 to 7.3 and we faced all issues which are discussed in this thread.

Issue1:

I have added my EP system under Netweaver 7 EHP1 in smsy and downloaded patches and CDs.

Got below error while providing stack xml.

The stack does not match the DVD. Provide correct stack.

Current upgrade master DVD has kit ID 54284a30-7b4b-11df-ab96-

0030058415aa but the provided stack is for DVD netweaver 7.30 upgrade

master DVD with kit ID 9e7ba0b0-2539-11df-86d0-0030058415aa.

Raised a message to SAP and below is what they did:

They added my EP system under SAP ERP 6.0, ERP 6 EHP4 and Netweaver. Selected below products as relavent.

EHP4

Portal Content

Portal Content Common

Portal Content Self Services installed.

We downloaded and started upgrade with below DVDs.

1. NW_JAVA_Comp : 51041442

2. BS7_JAVA_Comp : 51041443

3. Upgrade Master : 51041445

4. DVD_KERNEL : 51041448

2nd Error: Now the error in BIND SUPPORT_PACKAGES step:

"Error in PREPARE/CONFIG/BIND_SUPPORT_PACKAGES step.

com.sap.sdt.util.diag.DevelopmentSupportRequiredException: Assertion failed for (Usage 'sap.com/BP-ERP cannot be found in the mapping) at com.sap.sdt.util.diag.SDT.check(SDT.java:37)."

Reply from SAP: The issue is caused by ERP 6.0 instance 'SAP NW - EP Core' required by EHP4 instances is not marked as relevant.

I added SAP NW EP Core also as relavent and generated new xml file.

ON MY GOD!!!!!!!

This time the count of patches added to download basket increased from 126 to 192.

I can seee around 70 Business packages are added to my download basket which are not there in my system and not required for us. Again updated the message:

Reply from SAP:::::

You have instance

EHP4

Portal Content

Portal Content Common

Portal Content Self Services installed.

MOPZ has to calculate the according

EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 / NW7.01 : Portal Content *** NW7.3 instances.

Then more BP_ERP ***comes out. we have no way to avoid these.

Even MOPZ remove them , you will have problems to use the upgrade

tool with the xml file.

We recommond you to install the whole instances. not just component

by componnent.

Please use the latest xml file to go on "UPGRADE"

Refer to the attachments in note 1468349 to get the right DVDs.

Any questions, please feel free to back to us.

Very funny...

I dont know what to do know.

Waiting for Onsite managers decision wther to go with EHP2 or reinstall EP 7.3 from scratch.

Thanks & Regards,

Praveen Chanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you find a solution for your problem, I face the same issue, please share how did you solve the issue?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

thanks for your useful post, the Note and also the PDF attachment present in the Note.

For Others - In the Note, it says "Based on the logical component for the SAP NetWeaver product system, you must create a maintenance optimizer transaction (MOPZ) and execute it."  Very important information.

This error - "Assertion failed for (Usage 'sap.com/BP-ERP cannot be found in the mapping) at com.sap.sdt.util.diag.SDT.check(SDT.java:37)." is gone now but the following new error has appeared:

Error while applying support package stacks.

See stack trace for details. Error during reinitialize of target components vector.

Error while extracting usage type mapping Error while trying to extract product definition from UTL.

Could not load usage type data from

[/usr/sap/EJE/upg/java/tmp/DEPLOYARCHIVES/tc~sl.ut.content.erp.bp_erp.sda, /usr/sap/EJE/upg/java/tmp/DEPLOYARCHIVES/tc~sl.ut.content~nw.sda, /usr/sap/EJE/upg/java/tmp/DEPLOYARCHIVES/tc~sl.ut.content.erp.xss.sda].

com.sap.sl.ut.infoprovider.exceptions.UTInfoException: Usage BP-ERP from product ERP has dependancies to usage IDs [1, 12, 111]. But no dependancy usage with id 111 was found in the current product usages!

Any solutions??

Thanks,

Mohan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Usage ID 111 (utid 111) is the BPERP5COM Packages (like BPERP5COM09_1-10005167.SCA), you have first to upgrade this

SherifEid
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

have you manged to resolve the above issue, I'm facing same error:

An error has occurred during the execution of the BIND_SUPPORT_PACKAGES phase.

Error while applying support package stacks. See stack trace for details. Error during reinitialize of target components vector. Error while extracting usage type mapping Error while trying to extract product definition from UTL. Could not load usage type data from [/oracle/EPE/sapdata1/SUM/java/tmp/DEPLOYARCHIVES/tc~sl.ut.content.erp.bp_erp.sda, /oracle/EPE/sapdata1/SUM/java/tmp/DEPLOYARCHIVES/tc~sl.ut.content~nw.sda, /oracle/EPE/sapdata1/SUM/java/tmp/DEPLOYARCHIVES/tc~sl.ut.content.erp.xss.sda, /oracle/EPE/sapdata1/SUM/java/tmp/DEPLOYARCHIVES/tc~sl.ut.content.erp.bp_xss.sda].
com.sap.sl.ut.infoprovider.exceptions.UTInfoException:

Usage BP-XSS from product ERP has dependancies to usage IDs [1, 111]. But no dependancy usage with id 111 was found in the current product usages!

Regards,

Sherif