cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Landscap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have implimented our SAP before 4 years.

Our SAP Landscap is on HP-UX and database is oracle.

Our transport route DEV -> QAS ->PRD.

We are doing our testing on DEV system in which we are refreshing one client with production every 15 days.

We are not doing any think on QAS. It's just a transport route. In very rare case we are using QAS.

I have the following queries :

1. Is it advisable to remove QAS form landscap.

2/ Our SAP Landscap is on HP-UX and database is oracle. Is it advisable to put QAS on windows server. Becauase we required one HP Unix box for our testing purpose.

Regards,

dt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Everyone has its own way to do things but im my opinion QAS system is essential, its where you check how your developments will behave when sent to production, its a place to do volume and performance testing.. Now if you are getting all that info having an extra client in DEV then its up to you.

2/ Our SAP Landscap is on HP-UX and database is oracle. Is it advisable to put QAS on windows server. Becauase we required one HP Unix box for our testing purpose

If you have decided not to use QAS but at the same time you need box for testing why dont you modify your TMS to distribute your developments to both boxes QAS and PRD at the same time (two separate delivery routes), this way you send your developemnts directly from DEV to PRD and also maintain QAS updated for your testing (Like the means of a training or sandbox)

If you decide to migrate your QAS box to windows then you need to use SAMBA to share NFS in between UNIX and WIndows.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you don't require quality system then quality system can be removed from the landscape.

In STMS you will find two system landscape configuration.

Thanks & Regards,

Arpita Saini

fjhernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

fjhernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It completely depends on your needs. If you're not going to need QAS anymore you can remove it from TMS. But as you say its only a transport route and if you use it from time to time then there's no harm in leaving it so I would incline for this last option

About your second question, you can import requests generated in any Operating System into any different Operating System. In your case, transports created in Windows can be imported in HP-UX without problems, so answering directly to your question: you can have QAS on Windows.

Br,

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Javier.

As you have mention about STMS.

Will I need some addtional configuration for transport request at O/S level.

Because we need to transfer cofiles and data of STMS from hp unix to windows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you try to refer the Notes -

Note 28781 - Central transport directory NT/UNIX

Note 97993 - Central NT/UNIX transport directory

Thanks