cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

possible to calculate sample size manually

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Is there possible to calculate the sample size of our own.suppose if the lot size is < 50 nos means sample size is = 8 nos. and 51~100 nos means sample size is = 20 nos.like this shall we calculate the sample size? how the system is calculating the sample size is automatically? what is the calculation?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is very much depends upon whether you are using the task list or not !!

Adhoc its really difficult to understnad the concept of sample calculation unless you are sure whether you will use task list or not ( check the QM view---> Inspection type. Have you Ticked on Inspect with task list or material specs or you have entered the % sampling etc)

Very much is depnds upon these Ticks that you check in Inspection type..

Former Member
0 Kudos

In MM03-> Insp.set up, i selected ,Insp. with task list,inspection % as 50

Former Member
0 Kudos

Insp. with task list,inspection % as 50

When you are using the task list then you can not/should not use % inspection or manual sample entry etc that's what std SAP says.

% sampling in MQ view is used only when you are not using Task list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok now i got cleared.could you plz tell me any one procedure to get the sample size exactly form the lot size

-M.Suba

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is depends upon the sampling type of the sampling procedure .

say LOT SIZE is 100

say you have slected the

fixed sample : means irrespective of lot size sample size will be always this( say 10).

% sample : sample size will be % of the lot size ( 10 % of 100 is 10).

100% inspection: sample size will be 100.

etc

So now create sampling procedure as per requirement & attach the same in the task list &

explore !!.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i created the sampling procedure(ss_fix) as per my requirement.and in quality plan i bring this sample.but while i am trying to bring this sampling procedure in mm03,the one i was created is not displaying in sampling procedure.what should i do for this?

-M.Suba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agsin I am saying assigning sampling procedure in QM view is different thing than assigning it in task list.

When you are using Sampling procedure in Task list ,You can not assign the same in the QM view !!!

Use task list & assign sampling procedure against each char in task list.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there possible to calculate the sample size of our own.suppose if the lot size is < 50 nos means sample size is = 8 nos. and 51~100 nos means sample size is = 20 nos.like this shall we calculate the sample size?

If you want your own sample size &

1.If you are using task list : Then use sampling procedure against each char ( QDv1) and use sampling scheme in Each sampling procedure .

2.If you are not using task list : Then use manual sample entry in QM view.Do not tick on task list & make sure that you tick on "Manual sample calculation".

how the system is calculating the sample size is automatically? what is the calculation?

I have already answered in above point.

If you search sampling scheme & sampling procedure on SDN you will find endless Topics as this has been discussed several times .

EXPLORE !!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, it is very much possible with sampling scheme..

Just go through sampling scheme documents, you will be able to do so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for the reply.Sampling scheme tcode is Qdp1? where we use this sampling scheme ? in a sampling scheme itself we can set all sample size based on the condition