cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Logon Groups and Saprouter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've configured logon groups in a mscs cluster. We have configured logon groups to allow access within the local network and that connection is working.

However, the requirement is to configure SAP Logon to connect using load balancing through SAPRouter.

I have placed the saprouter information on the specific field when creating the logon groups but it's not working.

I performed the same configuration as if it was a local network except for the saprouter string. I registered the message server service name in my services file and in system ID and message server hostname in SAPMSG.ini.

Could someone provide advise on how the SAPRouter string should be configured?

I also added entries in saprouttab like:

P * <sapmsgserver> <msgserverport>

I'm I missing something?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

this Post is old but i faced the same issue. On my SAP Testsystem it worked for some reason but not for PROD System.

Without SAP Router String no Problem.

So i read Alehs Post from 2011 with the service entry on the saprouter server.

What did i do to solve this issue?

I simply added to services      sapms<SID> 36<Instance number>/tcp  for each possible instance number the system can give you a feedback from.

Thinking of the new ASCS instances service entries would be for port 3600 and 3601.

With this it worked.

Best regards

Falk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maria,

Did you solve your issue? I am also facing the same kind of issue. We are able to connect to the logon groups to the message server which installed in MSCS from local network. But, not able to connect from outside via saprouter string.

Getting "Error <Msg server IP Address>:sapms<SID> not reached" message.

I have added the sapms<SID> entries in services file of SAProuter & my local PC.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Indrakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check sapnote https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/124550

Also you need to add "sapmsSID 36xx/tcp" string in services file on saprouter and restart saprouter service after that.

SID - is your system ID, xx - is your system number

Best Regards,

Aleh