cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Shipment using SNP Heuristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a requirement of creating Direct Shipment from Manufacturing Plant to the Customer, instead of going through DC.

I went through the standard config of defining to "Create Direct Delivery using Transportation lanes" in SNP Global Data.

Also created a Transportation Lane between Manufacturing Plant and Customer Location and assigned the "Direct Delivery" indicator.

Scenario:

Created the Sales Order for Product A with delivering plant as DC.

DC created a dependant demand on Mfg Plant.

Created a Transportation Lane from Plant to Customer Location and assigned "Direct Delivery" indicator.

Assign TLB profile to the Transportation lane with weight restrictions.

Expected Result:

The SNP Heuristic should create a Direct Delivery STR from Mfg Plant to Customer Location, instead of going through DC.

Actual Result:

SNP still creates STR's from Manufacturing Plant to DC, instead of directly to Customer Location.

Pl let me know if i'm missing any setting.

With regards,

Mangesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you created demand for the DC, the heuristic generally starts it calculation from the point of demand origin and backwards, in this case the demand originated from the DC and so the heuristics started to generate the supply to the demand origin place,

check if you have a transportation lane between your plant and DC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

Thanks for your response.

Yes i do have Transportation Lane created between Mfg Plant and DC.

I also tried to assign the highest priority to TLane between Plant and Customer and 2nd Priority to Tlane between Plant and DC, still it creates the STR between Plant and DC.

For Direct Shipment, the STR should get created between Plant and Customer Location, as it has been flagged for Direct Shipment.

How should the demand signal flow for Sales order, as Sales Order will always be updated with the delivering plant as DC?

Thanks again for your insights.

Regards,

Mangesh

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

Conceivably if the SO has the DC as the destination, there is no demand at the customer location to "pull" or even to "push by demands" the stock from the MFG plant to the customer. This is the root cause of your issue, unless I'm missing something. So you'll need to find some way to either create demands at the customer location (which would likely end up being duplicative with the existing SO's coming down as dependent demand from the DC). One option which might be overcomplicating would be to use separate data views for Heuristics/everything else and Deployment/TLB, to prevent the double-counting which would inevitably occur.

On my last project, we used a virtual plant/DC to manage direct shipments to customers. Then in ECC there was some custom logic to translate the STRs / STOs that SNP was sending. So, any demand which needed to go direct to customers existed in the form of an SO at the virtual plant. Then, in the ECC system, that SO was processed and delivered "virtually" through the virtual DC/plant after TLB carried it to that level.