cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk upload of product categories in extended attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Could anyone suggest, if there is any way to upload Product Categories in Extended attributes at company level in a single shot?

We are using SRM 5.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Muzammil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! In order to have the prod.cats available in extended attributes, you need to replicate them from ECC. This can be done in a single shot using txn. R3AS. Please follow instructions in config.guide to set up middleware parameters if that is not performed earlier.

You can then make all product categories available in extended attributes by specifying the total range of your categories (e.g. 1-99999999). This must be set at org.level or positions, not at company level.

brgs Ziggy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ziggy,

Thank you for the reply.

We have a stand alone SRM system with Non-SAP backend. Currently we are doing roll-outs for new sites and each site has their own set of product categories. So, is there any way to upload the particular set of product categories at company level?

Thank you.

Muzammil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Any suggestion or advise on this question?

Thank you.

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I believe you want to assign the product categories in extended attributes tab. I am not sure how your product category number range will be. But i can suggest you to go for the assignment of product categories like 10* to 11, 01 to 09*.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helloo..

Yes, you are right we assign in assign in Extended Attributes.. But the problem here is, we don't have any particular pattern or series in product categories for the requests that come from site. We get a more than 500 product categories in requests for assigning to company. For example:

XXXAB123

XXXAF423

XXXBG456

and so on

As you can see, there is no pattern or short cut i can follow for assigning them. I have to assign each and every prod cat to the company. So, is there any table/FM/program to update them in a single shot? Which will remove my manual work of copy pasting individually..

Thanks in advance for reply.

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry.. As far as i am concerned, i don't think so.. Do let me know if you found out something.. because at some times, i need to assign some 1000 cost center for a single user. so that might help me at that time.. Thanks in advance..

Answers (0)