cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver 7.02 ABAP Trial Version JRE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need some help regarding SAP NetWeaver 7.02 ABAP Trial Version installation on Windows XP SP3 JRE 1.6_026-b03.

According to the installation, I need JRE 1.4.x or 1.5_022.

As the computer allready runs applications which need JRE 1.6.., My question is: Can I have two different versions of JRE on the same computer and link different applications to differerent versions?

I assume so, but how do I do it, and where do I find the JRE 1.4.x version? It seems that I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Lars Bernstorff Hansen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could find the JDK/JRE 1.4.2 download at:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/documentation/overview-142120.html

Also, you can have different java versions installed on the system. Its just that the application should know which Java to use. This is usually dependent on whether the application gets Java version via the environment variables (usually JAVA_HOMe or PATH) or via variables defined within the application. Check your application's requirement.

Also The JDK 1.4.2 is required only for the installation part of SAP Netweaver ABAP trial (for the SAPInst to run). After installation you could change the environment variable back to JRE 1.6.

Regards,

Srikishan

Answers (0)