cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP TM and EDI messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're looking at the possibility of using SAP TM (version 8.1) as our transportation management system and EDI support is one of the requirements we're looking at. I know that SAP TM can send and receive EDI messages but I can't find any details about it.

Which EDI does SAP TM 8.1 support (inbound / outbound) ? How does SAP TM send and receive EDI messages, is it through IDOC ?

Any links to documentation, articles or any other learning materials are appreciated.

Thanks

Lara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lara

In General

Order and delivery data can be transferred between SAP TM and SAP ERP using enterprise services. This communication can be realized either via SAP NetWeaver Process Integration or using point-to-point communication (Web Services Reliable Messaging).

Regarding EDI ,TM would support inbound and outbound idocs in DANGEROUS GOODS AREA integration as an alternative way

to replicate data from ERP to TM (you could do this using CIF also)

Could you please let me know, what you are looking in specific ???

As SAP TM is integrated with ERP systems by means of PI interfaces. Invoicing and invoice verification take place in a connected ERP system. Orders and deliveries from SAP ERP can be converted into TM transportation requirements automatically.

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for your reply. We would like to know specifically whether SAP TM supports EDI 214 (transport carrier shipment status info), EDI 304 (shipping instruction), EDI 315 (status details - ocean carrier) and EDI 310 (freight receipt & invoice (ocean) for carriers) both inbound and outbound.

Regards,

Lara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lara,

SAP TM supports EDI and PI interfaces. The transactions of TM can be performed manually, via integration with ERP and even via Electronic media like EDI interfaces. You can use SAP XI/PI for EDI communication with TM too. I have not seen any specific documentation around EDI for TM. If you have access to a TM system, I would suggest you to try setting up scenarios and explore as standard EDI setup settings should work. For more information, I would suggest you to consult with one of your implementation partners.

Thanks

Kapil Sharma

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lara,

I don't know the specific EDI messages you have just mentioned. I do know that SAP TM can handle both inbound and outbound processes. If there is standard out of the box integration for those messages I am not sure, but using SAP PI for the process integration you can always make the mapping that you need.