cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

iam using a webdynpro application to validate users whenever they click on ESS tab.A popup will appear when the users click on ESS tab and after giving credentails it will take the user to ESS worksets.

Ihave used navigateAbsolute method and passed the role parameters.The application was working fine earlier and we did the upgrade the application is not working.

iam able to see the authentication screen but when i give the credentials it is throwing an error as given below.I tried to debug the error and it contains no clue when it is in Debug mode.Below is NWA logtrace.

[EXCEPTION]

com.sapportals.portal.appintegrator.ApplicationIntegratorException: Unable to parse template '/webdynpro/resources<Request.DistributionZone>/<WDPB_Namespace>/<WDPB_ApplicationID><jsessionidInfo[IF_true PROCESS_RECURSIVE]>?sap-ext-sid=<ESID[url_ENCODE]>&sap-wd-cltwndid=<ClientWindowID>&sap-wd-tstamp=<$TimeStamp>&PagePath=<IView.ID[url_ENCODE]>&sap-wd-app-namespace=zzzz&sap-ep-version=<Request.Version[url_ENCODE]>&sap-locale=<Request.Locale>&sap-accessibility=<User.Accessibility[SAP_BOOL]>&sap-rtl=<LAF.RightToLeft[SAP_BOOL]>&sap-explanation=<User.Explanation[SAP_BOOL]>&sap-ls-useAnimation=<User.DisableAnimation[OMIT BOOL_NEGATE SAP_BOOL]>&sap-cssurl=<LAF.StylesheetUrl[url_ENCODE]>&sap-cssversion=<LAF.Version[url_ENCODE]>&sap-epcm-guid=<EPCF.Guid>&com.sap.portal.reserved.wd.pb.restart=<Node.Mode.isRefresh>&DynamicParameter=<DynamicParameter[PROCESS_RECURSIVE URL_ENCODE]>&<ForwardParameters[QUERYSTRING]>&<User."com.sap.tc.webdynpro".debugParameters>&<CustomerExitApplicationParameters[PROCESS_RECURSIVE]>'; the problem occured at position 562. Cannot process expression <LAF.StylesheetUrl>

and in NWA i saw 3 logs.

com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.PortalComponentException: Error in service call of Portal Component

Application name : com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap

Component : com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap.WebDynproPageBuilder

Component class : com.sapportals.portal.sapapplication.SAPApplicationIntegratorComponent

User : sridar

--

Component Name: 'com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap.WebDynproPageBuilder',

Context Name (iView): 'com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap.WebDynproPageBuilder',

Top Layer: 'WebDynpro/PageBuilder/TopLayer',

Producer ID (FPN): 'null',

System Alias: 'null',

In portal iam getting the below error.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Navigation could not be triggered without a navigation target

Thanks for help in advance.

Reg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridar,

Looks like you are getting this error because the credentials you have given are not getting validated.

Also, make sure if your SSO is working fine after upgradation.

Check the backend user roles assignment as well in SU01.

And check the JCO connections.

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday / Ricardo,

There is no problem with the System Objects / JCo s / SSO / Roles .i have tested these and it shows connection is OK.

moreover in the log it has not mentioned any system object or system name.

Shankha : The last option is SAP but they are taking time to respond.

what do you suggest regarding the below statements

Unable to parse template

Cannot process expression <LAF.StylesheetUrl>

Thanks,

Sridar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sridar,

Have you tried using a tool like HTTP watch, just to see what is going on with your HTTP request ?

I mean, might help.

Otherwise the OSS message should be the next step I'm afraid. :o(

Kind Regards

/Ricardo Quintas

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you will see this exception if a System Alias defined on your portal that accesses your ECC environment isn't correct. You may want to check this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

I tried HTTP watch and the last URL is pagebuilder.

Robin,

I have checked the system alias and it is correct and test connection is Ok.

Thanks,

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since the error message states "System Alias: 'null'" I'm still inclined to believe one (or more) system aliases are improperly defined in the calling iView(s). However, other than that I'm running out of options as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

I tried HTTP watch and the last URL is pagebuilder.

Robin,

I have checked the system alias and it is correct and test connection is Ok.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Response please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sridar Avunoori

I really would love to help you but I have run out of ideas.

My only suggestion is, again, for you to write an OSS message to SAP.

Sorry.

Kind Regards

/Ricardo Quintas

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are mentioning an upgrade. Was this an XSS upgrade or NetWeaver?

If you're on NW 7.3, you might want to check the following regarding object-based navigation http://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW73/SPS03/EP/com/sap/portal/obn/service/IOBNMetadata.html since it might have been changed in 7.3

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is ess/mss ready for nw7.3?

i don't think so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for responding.

Ricardo: SAP is the last option.

Robin: This is Netweaver and XSS upgrade.

John : ESS/MSS is ready but not stable in terms of compatibility and source code.

Reg,

shankha_saha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't think there is no problem with your WD Application. There may be some business packages missing or patch is required during or after upgradation. I suggest you besides searching help in the forums please raise a message to SAP also.

Thanks

Shankha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Reg

have you checked these post:

/thread/833025 [original link is broken]

/thread/1204911 [original link is broken]

Might Help.

Kind Regards

/Ricardo Quintas