cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing Org and Purchasing group for RFX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I noticed getPurchasingOrg() and getPurchasingGroup() as methods on the RFX. We are interested in using this field, however, I do not see these fields anywhere on the UI. Can anyone help me understand where these fields are.

Can you also please explain the hierarchy in Sourcing. We have company, organizational units, co codes and also references to Purch Org and Purch Group. I am struggling a little bit on what the relationships are.

Thanks,

MP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In e sourcing 7.0, company code and purchasing organizations are included for integration purpose with the same hierarchy as in ERP MM module i.e. Company Code-> Purchasing Organization. Herein you can also specify integration details.

Enetrprise/Company and organization unit is hierarchy adhered to in e sourcing i.e. Enterprise-> Company-> Organization Unit.

PS organization structure in e sourcing is very flexible as compared to org structure followed in ECC for obvious reasons and provides plenty of opportunities to work around for desired results.

Regards

Mudit Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

So should Organizational Unit in Sourcing be equivalent to the Purchasing Org in ECC?

How is the Purch Org determined? Is it based on the plant?

I am trying to configure a workflow which has different approval routing rules based on the geographical region. For ECC we would have used Purchasing Org for routing. E.g. different routing for the Purchasing team in Europe and different for North America.

Our company has multiple divisions and we are currently using Sourcing only for a single division. This division is set up as an Organizational Unit. Should I create sub org units below the main Organizational Unit to indicate the geogrophical regions? And should the users be mapped to these sub organizational units?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

MP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you on E Sourcing 7.0? Here Purchasing organization entity is maintained just to cater to integration requirement. It wasn't a part of original org structure and hence is not related to plant or any other org structure component.

I understand your requirement to be of workflow routing wherein approver (buyers/ users) would be determined depending on purchasing organization which is essentially a geographical region. There could be manyapproaches to this.

The one that you have discussed i.e. purchasing org as sub unit of the divison organization unit holds good.In Buyer account you can select this sub unit under Organization Unit field.

Another Appoach is to create a buyer account field extension for purchasing organization with a value list containing all the purchase org from ECC.

From a workflow point of view, I would suggest creating an organization Unit extension collection containing buyer account and corrresponding purchasing organization. This collection can be used while writing workflow logic to select approver.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Mudit Saini

Edited by: Mudit_UCB on Oct 19, 2011 10:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mudit, thank you for your help. And yes, we are on SAP Sourcing 7.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You would see this fields only when the document type is "Integrated". E.g. when you create a documetn of type ("ERP-RFP") you woudl see an integration tab, where you can see this information.

Thanks, Baski