cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netvalue field in VBRP table for JPY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

We are having a Z report which is fetching net value for billing documents from the VBRP-NETWR field. For JPY the value in this field is showing incorrectly. For example if the value in the document is 1234 JPY, the value in the VBRP-NETWR field shows as 12.34 JPY i.e. with two decimal places. Since the report is fetching the values directly from this field, the report is showing incorrect values for JPY. For other currencies the report seems to be fine.

Can anyone please let me know what is the issue here and how it can be resolved

Thanks,

Saji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saji,

There are no decimal places for JPY currecny..their currency starts at 1yen..I encountered a similar issue during one of my projects with Japan.. please check settings in tcode OY01 and OY04...they should have been defined as without decimals.

This is a FI setting..pls check with your FI consultant.

Regards,

Raghu.

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saji,

the currency fields (type CURR) al always stored in the database with 2 decimal places.

See the SAP note 126857.

It is task of the program to convert this value in the right format, according to the linked currency key field.

Example: in SE11 double click on field VBRP-NETWR, in the popup there is the reference currency field VBRK-WAERK.

It means that the standard programs handle the currency field VBRP-NETWR according with currecny stored in VBRK-WAERK.

Best regards,

Ivano.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saji

As it is working fine for other currencies.So check the currency conversions for JPY.Also check weather any decimals have been maintained for JPY currency.

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are no decimal places maintained for JPY. Also this problem is occuring with table VBRP. In VBRK the values are appearing fine.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please take the help of your technical consultant and check in the program wheather any loop has been put that for the JPY currency that it should show in two decimals only.If it is showing correct in VBRP table check the currency that is coming in the biling document->line item ->conditions tab and check the currency. In the same way check in header data->condiitions tab what is the currency that is coming.

Regards

Srinath

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check with the basis to implement OSS Note 1582361 - Currency amounts without decimal are displayed incorrectly

Regards,

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In my previous thread as i mentioned, if you are not able to get the solution by doing changes in the program also then ,with the help of your Basis Consultant put the OSS Note 783877.But before putting the OSS Note check in V_CURC and V_CURX tables also how the decimals are coming.If they are not displaying correct decimals then check in T510F table.

Regards

Srinath

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you change the coding in the Z-report to convert 12.34 into 1234 with the condition if the currency is JPY. This is the simplest approach.

Regards,