cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material and Vendor lenght too long in XML from SNC 5.1 to ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

we are implementing SMI scenario with SNC 5.1, we have created in SNC Web UI a Replenishment Order and we have published it, this triggers two XML files: ReplenishmentOrderNotification_OUT to customer back-end system (ECC) and VendorGeneratedOrderNotification_OUT to supplier system.

In the first XML (RON) the information about Material number contains too many digits, exactly 40 instead of 18 digits. This implies that ECC recognizes the material as an "external material" and it does not create the PO for the material in ECC.

The same problem we have in the XML for Vendor number, it is also 40 digits.

How we can set the digits properly?

Thank you for your support.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PTP team,

For material

Go to SPRO>SCM Basis->Master Data>Product>Specify Output Format of Product Number

Maintain the following:

1)Product.No.length=18

2)Checked Lexicographical

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

thanks for the answer, I had already the product lenght 18 in SPRO>SCM Basis->Master Data>Product>Specify Output Format of Product Number.

I have not checked Lexicographical because if I check it I'll have a product lenght of 40 in Web Screen (even if I've set product lenght as 18).

My problem is only with XML to send to Customer Backend system (VendorGeneratedOrderNotification_Out), because in SNC web screen I haven't this problem.

Are there other customization or setting that I'm missing?

Thank you,

Nicola

martin_renardy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hallo,

you have to implement a BADI implementation for

/SCA/BIF_ME_PRODID & /SCA/BIF_ME_LOCID and a couple of other BADIS

Please refere to sap note 1080981.

Regards

Martin

Former Member