cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman 7.1 - Setup Maintenance Optimizer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

for upgrading a ECC 6.0 system to EHP5 I installed Solution Manager 7.1. I went through SOLMAN_SETUP, but I couldn't find setup for maintenanace optimizer.

On Solution Manager 7.0 the configuration went through SMSY, DSWP and so on. But on SM 7.1 I can't find these things.

Can anybody tell me where to find documentation how to configure maintenance optimizer in SM 7.1?

Regards,

Julia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there a possibility to attach a system without using Diagnostic Agent? In further version 7.0 the usage of mopz worked through putting system in smsy. If I want to use SMSY now I get an error message and can't maintain system here.

Do I have to use Diagnostic Agent or is there any other possibility to maintain a ECC 6.0 system to get EHP5 packages for it?

Regards,

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi julia,

yes,with out the SMD(solman Diagnostic Agent) you can connect your satellite system to solman system.

Best Regards,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aditya,

you wrote:

yes,with out the SMD(solman Diagnostic Agent) you can connect your satellite system to solman system.

So please tell me: how does this work without SMD?

Regards,

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

The SMD agent installation is not necessary for generating EhP5 for ERP system.

You need to register the ERP system in the Solution manager SLD first. Then the LMDB will read the system information from SLD and populate the SMSY according. As of SolMan 7.1, you need to use the Technical system editor to maintain systems.

Check this demo for steps:

https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000469142011E/index.htm

Also check the link http://service.sap.com/rkt-solman -> Solution Manager 7.1 for a step by step description of operations.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srikishan,

thanks for your explanation.

So I went back to SLD Configuration Step and tried to follow the SAP demo. In this demo SLD is already configured.

It isn't in my scenario.

I get errors all the time, so I opened a new posting in this forum.

When SLD is running I will try to configure LMDB.

Regards,

Julia

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

all the steps for SMSY are described in http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/en/45/51fbdbd4941803e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm -> SAP Solution Manager Operations -> Solution Manager System Landscape (SMSY)

As for the rest of the configuration, the SOLMAN_SETUP activates BC sets for Maintenance Optimizer, that control the Maintenance Optimizer transactions, and the other things remaining are the Change request management RFC, the RFC to the SAP service systems, and making sure that the user ids that should be using Maintenance Optimizer have the authorizations to do so.

Most is automaticly configured, so I think you should be almost ready to go when you configure your system landscape (SMSY) .

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Miguel,

there is an error message when opening SMSY and try to create a new system.

I have to use LMDB.

Regards,

Julia

Edited by: Julia Bayrhammer on Oct 24, 2011 12:10 PM

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sorry, it's the years of habit... I should have said system landscape where i said SMSY.

Anyway, I posted a link to the official help documentation. At the end of the day , the LMDB is more or less an additional layer over the good old SMSY.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

In meantime I was able to get Maintenance Optimizer running for a few systems.

I did necessary steps in SOLMAN_SETUP and I connected systems through SLD.

They appear in SMSY and systems are attached to logical components and solutions.

Unfortunately I can't choose all of the systems in MOPZ I configured in SMSY. Some systems work, some doesn't...

For example I attached two systems IHP and IHT to SLD, where IHP is the productive one.

Both systems are SAP ERP 6.0 in SMSY and attached to logical component Z_COMPANY_HR and attached to solution Z_COMPANY.

Both systems can be reached through RFC connections READ and TMW in client 000.

If I go to SOLMAN_WORKCENTER - Change Management - Maintenance Optimizer - New Transaction - I can choose solution Z_COMPANY and Product version SAP ERP 6.0, but none of the two systems is shown 😞

So which steps are necessary to get MOPZ work for systems attached through RZ70/SLD?

Regards,

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found solution by try and error 😉

Systems have to have a product version assigned.

Systems have to be migrated to LMDB.

Afterwards logical component and solution attachment and working RFC connection is sufficient for MOPZ.

Regards,

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

IN Solman 7.1 , DSWP or SOLUTION_MANAGER tcodes are replaced by SOLMAN_WORKCENTER.

You can goto SAP change request management. where you can find maintenance optimiser.

THanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Julia,

if you run managed system configuration (solman_workcenter => SAP Solution Manager Configuration) for your system then nearly everything should have been done by the guided procedure. I think Mopz should be ready after completing this.

You can also get more information here:

https://service.sap.com/%7Esapidb/011000358700000482292011E/SM71_Configuration.pdf

Regards, Basti