cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Update doesn't work anymore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have a strange problem with our SLD landscape. Overall we have 3 SLD. The productive PI (PIP) SLD contains all productive systems, the develop PI SLD (PID) contains all develop and quality assurance systems. Both SLDs are configured to forward those informations to the SLD of the solution manager.

It works for a long time but since a few days the productive PI SLD doesn't forward any information and I have no clue why. I can see only one log entry.

#3621 10/17/2011 10:46:48.193 [Thread-1389239] INFO com.sap.sld.api.builder.app.DefineHostedSystem: Communication exception in SLD ping (HTTP 401 = UNAUTHORIZED): http://PIP01:58500/sld/cimom, namespace sld/active.

PIP can't ping and access itselfes?

The configuration of SLD Bridge in PID and PIP are identical, latest CIM is imported in all systems, same user to connect the SLD to solution manager.

Any idea?

Kind regards,

Andy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Updates across a bridge will fail if clients are unable to update the SLD on PIP. You can test this by running RZ70 on a system and forcing an update to PIP. If that works, then you should see updates going from PIP to solman across the bridge.

Hope that is helpful.

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Clients can update their records to the PIP SLD. Thats the point where I noticed that replication doesn't work. I added a new productive SAP System via RZ70 to SLD but I didn't get the information in Solution Manager in SMSY. For development and quality assurance systems it works well with SLD of PID.

I use the same user to connect, but can't find any error in logs whether I turned on log level to fine. In Administration I can see

Updated SLDs:
http://versap01:55000/sld
(local) sld/active

If I sort the Server in Technical Systems by Last Update all looks fine in PIP but not in SLD of Solution Manager.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andy try to configure the SLD bridge once more between PI PRD SLD & Solman SLD.Then run the job "LANDSCAPE FETCH " in adhoc on Solution Manager.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

our PI systems are 7.1 Netweaver systems and we have iSeries as OS. Michael took me on the right way with authorization. Although it was not TA sxmb_adm but user in TA SLDAPICUST was wrong. Now authorization error has gone away but replication still doesn't work

Kind regards,

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you still ping the server, if not check with your network team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I can ping the server, SLD of PIP and Solution Manager are on the same host.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sure, you would have checked below points, if not you can check again.

1). User is locked ?

2). Can you telnet the target host with the port that you are using to transfer SLD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

What OS is that you are using?

unAuthorized - Did you check the user rights ? and also check firewall if environment is windows.

michael_ruth3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Andy,

Check the SM59 HTTP connection set in SXMB_ADM, Integration Engine Configuration. This is used to send messages to the integration server.Next, check, server, port, user, and password, and then use the "Test Connection" button to test the communication.

Further assistance can be found here: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0d9a978-5f59-2a10-1cae-d4cf0c92a...

Cheers,

Michael