Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any alternative for OVS ?

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am looking for alternative method to implement help option to multiple input fields. So, I wanted to ask memebers of this forum if there is any alternative approach to achieve this functionality as I find implementing OVS is very confusing and time consuming.

Kindly suggest me if there is any alternate option if available. I tried Hotel Reservation example and flight reservation examples.

Kindly suggest me any new methods.

Thanks

Uday

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

OVS functionality can also be achieved by using Dynamic Value Sets via the standard dictionary datatype "CctCode".

Please refer pages 12 and 13 in the below mentioned link:

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3073bc25-2c08-2d10-1e82-f6ed25001a13?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pavithra

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavithra,

I am actually looking for the method disscussed by Bruno Haller in the below thread.

Kindly, help me to implement this method. Earlier response would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Uday

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe what Bruno implemented is developing a custom view where you design your own OVS-lookalike, and upon selection of a value passes that value back to your parent context attribute.

I suspect at the time he wrote his post 6 years ago, the onEnter event wasn't yet implemented -- and therefore required the extra button -- but currently you could use this event to trigger popup your custom developed value selector

Hope this explains,

Robin van het Hof

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robin ,

I would be interested to know the procedure you would follow to achieve this OVS functionality. Could you please share the procedure with me ? Or if any tutorial is available, please share with me.

Thanks

Uday

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would first develop a view which will act as your value selector (I would use a table UI element with filtering capabilities)

Then embed this view in a window so it can be shown as a popup using code in the onEnter event, like

IWDWindowInfo winInfo = (IWDWindowInfo)wdComponentAPI.getComponentInfo().findInWindows("YourValueSelectorWindow");
IWDWindow     win     = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createModalWindow(winInfo);
win.setWindowPosition (<left_relativ_to_your_inputfield>, <top_relative_to_your_inputfield>);
win.setWindowSize (<width>,<height>);
win.show();

In this window bind your table UI element to the context of your source data, implement filtering capabilities, and upon selection pass the desired value back to the parent inputfield and closing the popup window.

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks alot for your solution. I will try this and will get back to you if any further information is required.

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I just want to second Robin here and tell you that I am using the same architecture he suggests.

In this way you have full control over your code, nothing obscure and it works well.

Go ahead and use it.

regards

yuval peery

Answers (0)