Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with deployment of an external library NW 7.3

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

i've created an external library DC, added the jar-files and created the public parts (assembly and compilation). After that I have created a DC of type Enterprise Application and added a dependency to the PP of the lib-DC.

But when I want to deploy the the Enterprise Application DC and the external librarys it says, that the application cannot be started because the library-DC is not deployed on the server.

When I just want to deploy the lib-DC it says: "DC ... does not contain any archives for deployment"

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rolf_paulsen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

in Components Properties view of your enterprise application, tab "Dependencies", when you select the external library DC itself (not its public parts), you must not check any of the checkboxes "Design Time", "Deploy Time", or "Runtime" in the Dependency Details on the right. The external library DC must not occur in the application-j2ee-engine.xml of the enterprise application, and this file is edited by the mentioned checkboxes.

If you select an assambly PP of the library DC, you must of course check the checkbox "Build Time". (Checking "Build Time" on a PP of type "Compilation" is only necessary if a WD Java DC is dependent of your Enterprise applicatoin).

Regards,

Rolf

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, how do you solve this trouble? i have problems with jasper reports classes, thanks for any information, guides or steps for do a external library and reference it