cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arabic text scrambled on printing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I have an arabic smartform, I have copied the device type to ZARSWIN, when I used this z device type, the text was printed as Courier New. The requirement is to use Times New Roman font, so I added TIMES font to ZARSWIN and used font TIMES in my form as well for normal, bold, italic and blod/italic. when displaying the form it looks perfect, 100% aligned, text displayed correctly, just looking perfect. When printing to "HP Lasterjet M3035 MPF PCL6" some characters are causing the word to be printed in the reversed order (example instead of 1234 I'm having 4321) and text alignment is totally corrupted. Text is getting out of the table cell borders and for some text lines there is a leading spaces that I dont where coming from, in the text there is no space at all but when displayed a lot oof leading spaces are appearing (this was not happening before adding TIMES).

The text is aligned within the cell border only when I use Courrier font also what I see in the preview is the same as what is printed on the paper. This is what I need to have with Time New Roman.

please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

david_liu1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please also note that if you try to print LTR and RTL texts in the same formular then the language key of the formular must be an RTL language in your case AR. Please check your formular use the correct language key AR. For more information please check the SAP note 587150.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

remark, that you switch the print technique from "Frontend" to "Backend" print.

For backend print, you use the resident fonts of your printer.

So you must install the arabic part of the fonts in your printer.

Due to a SAP note, only Andale_J font family is mapped to print with arabic.

Your form language must be arabic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

@ David: my form language is AR and I'm only printing arabic, there is no LTR text only RTL.

@ Chris: the printer already accepts arabic, I can print an arabic document from MS Word correctly. In addition, I'm using printer font Andale_J with controls SF001 (non-hex, Esc:Currier New) and SF011 (hex, 178). the form is correctly printed but in font Currier New which is too bad. even when I use TIMES the text is printed correctly expect some characters but the alignement is totally corrupted.

can this be resolved installing a new TIMES font and pplaying with the font output controls and control characters? I have tried that but always getting the same result, I may be missing something.

also can you guid me where I can find something to understand Control Caharacter Sequence? for example what does this mean: 1B28304E?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please have a look at the true type font installed.

there is a file, which contains the metrics for the proportional width of the characters.

Maybe this metric file is not quite correct.

Courier new is not a proportional font.

Regards,

Christian

P.S.: Do you use Cascading fonts? Than try to chnage the character subset and print with *WINCF device type

Edited by: christian goerke on Oct 19, 2011 6:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

True type fonts matrics can't be edited (I tried but was not able) and based on note 587150 "Proportional fonts are not supported." which is too strange to me!!!! thus ending that I can't use TIMES font for example to print arabic. despair!!!