cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the PAM: AIX 6.5 - SAP R/3 4.6C and DB2 UDB v9.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We actually have SAP R/3 4.6C on AIX 5.3 with DB2 UDB v9.1.0.8.

We are planning a hardware migration, so that our new Operating System will be AIX 6.5 and we will use WPAR.

Following the PAM, SAP R/3 4.6C only supports AIX 6.1 with the combination of SAP Kernell 4.6D_EXT 64 bits and DB2 UDB 8.

Is the PAM right? Is I follow the PAM, my current configuration is not valid, and it was SAP that recommended it to us, as we had performance problems (DB2 UDB v.9 is not valid in the PAM). As this is not true, is the PAM wrong with the AIX release and we can use AIX 6.5?

Does anyone have any previous experience?

Thanks for your answers. Best regards,

Anna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> We are planning a hardware migration, so that our new Operating System will be AIX 6.5 and we will use WPAR.

>

> Following the PAM, SAP R/3 4.6C only supports AIX 6.1 with the combination of SAP Kernell 4.6D_EXT 64 bits and DB2 UDB 8.

Hello,

Why only 6.5, AIX 7.1 is already release for SAP I think. You may include this version in your query to SAP. Discussion point may include both - the version R/3 4.6C and the DB2 version.

You may refer another recent thread, just to have a look with another perspective, how it is for version 4.7

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a tickect, but I'm in a hurry and I'd like to know if anyone has experience on this.

Thanks,

Anna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you open a ticket to SAP AGS?

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik