cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine asset class for serialised device process

0 Kudos

We are using serialised device process where we will giving some equipment on lease/ rental/ trial. Now We wish to trace the equipment based on the their movement .Also as the equipmnet is lying with the customer but not sold, we also want pass on the depreciation cost to the cutomer.

we have few divisions where asset life is either 5 or 7 yrs.One of the suggestions is to use diff serial no profiles based on asset life and use that as a parameter.. but i wanted to see if there was something else that can be used

Also please provide me the step by step configuration needed to acheive this.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your issue is not very clear,

But it it is a case of Customer services Module in sap. For this You have to configure the Equipment (created as a Loan Iten)with serial No. either

using IQ01, and assign the rental period as warranty period

Or take reference to the material and creat equipment with serializtion using " OIEN"

Based your equipment status, you can Know i.e. EDEL, ECUS etc in service processing.

w.r.t depreciation you should consult your costing/FI people, how you want to go about.

all the best

regards.

DSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Their is a possiblity to use the same through Equipement master where we can maintain the warranty date sold to party and other details, IQ01, may be in that you may get some more idea.

Regards,

Sudhir