cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade components in track?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears.

I have a development track in our NWDI system of CRM B2B webshop. We have some our developments done in it.

The version of b2b components is 7.01 SP6.

Could you kindly tell, how can I update this track with new components of version 7.01 SP8 ?

It is clear that I can create a new track with new componets but how will I move existing developments from old track to new track?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Roman.

Edited by: Roman Meshko on Oct 17, 2011 1:32 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. create a new track and new software component version of your customized development softare

2.put the new sp sca file in the transport directory

3 forward the developed sc from old track to new track

4. import the new sp sca and developed SC in new track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick reply.

Could you explain in more detail p.3?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go to the transport studio of your old track

go to assembly tab, select the latest to forward.

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Forward from History, what does it do ? will it move all the changes to the standard component to move to target track ???

Can you elaborate how and what happens when doing forward from history ?

Thanks,

Pramod

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it contains all the changes when the assemble was generated.

after the forward, it is placed in the queue and you can import the code to the dev of the new track.

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

But my question is is it applicable to the standard SAP Delivered SC or custom SC for application developed from scratch ?

What I know is that the changes done to standard SC are supposed to be done manually comparing with the code in older track.

for example Track 1 have SAP ESS components and we have modified the code for some applications, I have to upgrade from Track 1 to Track 2 and use the forward from history will this have all the changes in SAP ESS SC in new track ?

Assume ESS is SP6 and we are upgrading to ESS SP9, when we do Forward from History isn't SAP ESS component in SP9 be same as SP6 ? assume we have some additional changes to SP9 the changes will no longer be there is my notion right ?

Can you please confirm?

Forward from History is same as download the SCA file and keep the SCA in CMS inbox and import in new track.

Thanks,

Pramod

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is no magic for sap delivered SC.

all follow the same NWDI principle.

no matter what you are forwording(sap sc or your own sc), if there is any conflict in the new track, you have to manually fix it.

your case: sp6+ modification -

>sp9 track

for the code you didn't change, sp9 will be the latest

for the code you change, but not changed in sp9, the forwarded one will be the latest

for the code changed both in sp6 and sp9, you have to manually merge it. this is called conflict.

Answers (0)