Thanks,

Saloni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saloni,

In the Setup --> mail configurations section, this is a common practice to point the user to the specific document via the URL.

Typically, we point the user to the Header tab of Master Agreement or to the Contract document UI page.

You can try both these below for the example mentioned above:

Header tab of Master Agreement:

LINK("View Document", "%DOCUMENT_HEADER_URL%")

Contract document UI:

link: %CONTRACTDOC_URL%

Thanks,

Vikram Shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Please provide me steps to configure URL.

I need a text say "Click Here" to point to particular URL. Where do we need to define the URL and how will the click here text be changed to link text?

Thanks,

Saloni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikram,

I tried below code:

LINK("Click here", "http://useclapwd527:50100/clm/fsbuyer/portal/login,,0303ffffffd1ffffffe412eca42874870092adf8ee73388")

But I am getting error:

Sourced file: inline evaluation of: ``import com.sap.odp.api.util.; import java.util.; import javax.mail.*; import j . . . '' : Command not found: LINK( java.lang.String, java.lang.String )

Please guide me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Saloni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What Vikram has pointed out are tokens to display master agreement and contract doc link in mail.

Plz specify for which document type do you want to display link in your mail.

Regards

Mudit Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a script that send java mail. I have set message text, used getExtensionField and bean to get values of particular columns in database like contract document name, contract user name, etc. But I found that there is mail template and mail configuration in Setup. I just want to know if there is any relation of script with mail template/mail configuration in setup?

Please clarify, as I am trying to build message body through script and I think it can be done through message template. Or do we need to integrate both?

Thanks,

Saloni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

I didnt get what you mean by Document Type. I am actually trying to send mail to supplier when contract document is in supplier draft phase.

Thanks,

Saloni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saloni,

There is already a standard email which is sent to the Supplier once a contract document version is shared with the Supplier.

In the Mail configurations, look for the following:

Mail Type: Contract Document Share With Supplier

Module: Contract

Purpose: Version Shared with Supplier

Sender: Owner

Recipient: Supplier

Trigger: User Action

Are you trying to provide a link via this email? In any case, Supplier does not have view to various tabs on the MA as a Buyer does. So what I am saying is if you can specify what you want to add via this email, then we can probably help.

Thanks,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What I understand of your requirement is that you want to send an e mail to the supplier when a contract doc is moved to supplier draft phase. The content of the mail should contain Click Here: ContractDoc_URL statement wherein ContractDoc_URL is URL to contract document in supplier draft phase.

As rightly pointed out by Vikram there is already a mail template Version Shared With Supplier defined for it. There is a token %CONTRACTDOC_URL% which returns the contract link. You can duplicate and modify the content of the e mail as per your requirement. Follow the following steps after that

1. go to Set Up->System Set Up-> Configuration-> Mail Configuration

2. Search for mail type Contract Document Share With Supplier

3.Select the modified mail template.

4. GO to go to Set Up->Document Set Up-> Contract Document-> Contract Document Type

5. Open the contract document type used

6. In contract document notifications, set Version Shared with Supplier to Alerts and Notifications

Regards

Mudit Saini

Edited by: Mudit_UCB on Oct 19, 2011 9:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

A similar issue we are facing as well.

We are using a custom template to send MA renewal reminder. We want to put the MA Header URL in the email template.

We tried LINK("View Document", "%DOCUMENT_HEADER_URL%"), but  the token is not replaced with the actual URL.

Is %DOCUMENT_HEADER_URL% needs to be set in the script that calls the email template?

Below is the mail which we receive:

------------------

This message is to inform you that Master Agreement xxxxxx : yyyyy is due to expire and requires review.

This is Document's new URL

%DOCUMENT_HEADER_URL%

--------------------

Are we missing anything?

Regards,

Ankit

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

For custom emails the Global Tokens are not available, only the 5 custom ones TOKEN1-5.

To get the link in your email, you can either:

- in the script you'll have to generate the link and put it into one of the custom tokens, then use that in the template

or

- you mentioned this is for renewal reminder ... check my other post maybe u can directly send the standard renewal reminder via your custom script to save you the hassle.

Regards,

Bogdan