cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ENHANCEING STANDARD ESS APPLICATION USING WEBYNPRO ABAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have to enhance standard application in ESS for LEAVE REQUEST to add a CHECK BOX in the LEAVE REQUEST VIEW.

HERE MY QUESTION IS I HAVE TO ENHANCE THE STANDARD ONE OR I HAVE TO MAKE A COPY OF STANDARD ONE AND DO THE CHANGES.

HOW CAN I FIND OUT THE LEAVE REQUEST VIEW FROM THE COMPONENT.

HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE ESS PACKAGES INTO THE WEBDYNPRO ABAP.

PLEASE SHARE THE INFORMATION WITH SCREEN SHOTS SO THAT I CAN HAVE FAST UNDERSTANDING THE PROCESS.

waiting for reply.

Thanks & Regards.

bhushan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>QUESTION IS I HAVE TO ENHANCE THE STANDARD ONE OR I HAVE TO MAKE A COPY OF STANDARD ONE AND DO THE CHANGES.

There should be no reason to copy the standard one. Use the Enhancement Framework and enhance the delivered wd component.

>HOW CAN I FIND OUT THE LEAVE REQUEST VIEW FROM THE COMPONENT.

Right mouse click on one of the other fields in the screen at runtime and choose Technical Help (in older releases the menu options might be slightly different, but lead to the same place). From here you can get the techincal information about the comjponent, window, and view of the current UI element.

>HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE ESS PACKAGES INTO THE WEBDYNPRO ABAP.

I'm not sure what you mean here. There should be nothing to download. All WDA applications are delivered in the standard installation or applied via Enhancement Packages. There is no additional software to download.