Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc to XLS file out

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create an interface: (R/3) - XI - Legacy.

From R/3, IDoc proxy will generate flat file which will be passed to XI for output of XLS file. Can anyone give step by step for how to create XLS output file?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajan,

look into these blogs so you can will get an idea about

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy - ABAP Proxy to File

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy - File to ABAP Proxy

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2638. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Hope these doc will help you

Regd's

Hari

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out this link which will talk about how to convert IDOC into a flat file using ABAP mapping.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/46759682-0401-0010-1791-bd1...

You can follow the same logic and convert it into Excel file, for more details about converting IDOC to a file refer this thread

Also this thread talks abt saving IDOC as a Excel file and the code is given

Thanks,

Prakash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

, <i>IDoc proxy will generate flat file which will be passed to XI for output of XLS file</i>

>>>Are you using Idoc or Proxy in the R/3 side ?

If you are using proxy or idoc, you can just do the Proxy/Idoc->XI->File scneario with Adapter modules to get the Excel format.

Also have a look into this blog-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/10/xi-generating-excel-files-without-the-java-nor-the-conversion-agent-not-possible

Regards,

Moorthy

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, All.

Moorthy:

I was specifically looking for XLS output files. I will try the e.g. you mentioned and see if I can get some test files.

regards,

Rajan