cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF STEPS to load data from ECC to APO from Process chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i try to create on ECC system a process chain in order to execute the CIF program for updating APO Material/Plant Master data on DELTA mode .

I am not sure that the procedure is correct, at the moment i put on a chain:

- Step 1 Program RIMODGEN with a specific variant

-Step 2 Program RIMODACT2 with a specific variant.

Is necessary a third step with RIMODACT2 in order to deactivate the integration model?

On APO we have to insert other standard step in order to complete the delta update?

Any experience on similar situation?

Thanks,

Veronica

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

how do you create a process chain for CIF steps in ECC system. I am under impression that process chains are created in APO-BI system. please correct me if i am wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

with SAP ECC 6.0 you can create process chain also in ECC system.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Most common way is to use in ECC6 tcode SM36 then create steps specifying the call to the appropriate ABAP program. CIFing steps is obv restricted to ECC6 area

Process chain like functionality in APO is going through SM36 or RSPC, the last one beeing mostly dedicated to the planning jobs modelling.

BR,

Pascal.

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

What is the t.code to create process chains in ECC, Is it same like RSPC as in BI or are you referring to creating jobs in SM36 with multiple steps, like RIMODGEN, RIMODACT .....

0 Kudos

My wording was maybe not appropriate, I was indeed meaning SM36.

BR,

Pascal

0 Kudos

Hi Vero,

The chain is usually composed & sequenced as follow:

- RIMODGEN

- RCIFIMAX

- RIMODAC2

- RIMODDEL

You also may include especially for PDS

- CUSLNTRTO_CIF_REPORT

- RSPDSDEL

BR,

Pascal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Veronica

You do not need a third step. You do not need to deactivate the model. In fact, it is not recommended to do so. You do not need any step in APO.

If your CIF setup is correct, the first two steps should be enough.

If by 'Delta', you mean field value changes to material/ plants in an existing integration model, you dont even need to do CFM1/ CFM2 if you have setup transaction CFC9 for BTE (online transfer).

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

thaks for your reply.

If i have a new material with this procedure i get it?

i have to apply a different procedure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Veronica

If you have a new material/plant that is not part of an existing active CIF model, then you need to run CFM1/ CFM2 in sequence as described in your post. You do not need any other steps.

Rishi