cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Book Soultion Design input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am in midst of designing a APO DP solution for one of our client. We have following scenarios:

- Univariate Forecasting,

- DP BOM

- Life Cycle Planning

- CBF

The historical data will come from same info cube.

My Q : Can all this be done thru single planning book? What should be the ideal design proposed?

Thank you all in advance!

Regards,

Ashras

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my experience, the DP BOM and CBF can not be handled in the same MPOS. Since both of these scenarios, include different standard characteristics in the MPOS, it is better to handle them in different MPOS. The main confusion will arise when you create CVCs for DP BOM components and CBF characteristics based CVCs. If you ask me, for simplification purpose, I will recommend you to use 3 MPOS - 1 for DP BOM, 1 for CBF and the third one for common simple materials.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Manimaran for your reply!

Yes , I am proposing to use 3 diffn MPOS as mentioned by you.

Do you also mean that I plan thse two in diffn planning books and Plan regular materials + life cycle affected materials thru 1 PB.?

Before releasing, consolidate the results...

Request more clarification on this pls.

Regards,

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, since we are using different MPOS, it is readily understood that we have to use different planning books.

If you want to release the results of CBF with characteristics, then you have to maintain the different release profile for this.

If you really want to consolidate these results for analysis purpose, that will lead to unnecessary complications. It is better to deal them separately.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your valuable input.

Regards,

Ashras

Answers (0)