cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical Directory in WE21

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had created an XML File port and provided c:/test folder as the phyical directory.

Although when I had executed the IDoc, the status records says that it has writted the file , i could not see that in c:/test folder.

I tried logical directory by providing /tmp path in al11. But, no luck.

Is there anything I would need to do with physical or logical directory assignment.

I had been following steve's blog

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Krish,

a better way to transfer collected Idocs from ECC to PI, is to use Steve blog + port XML-HTTP. See this doc:

[How Tou2026 Send Multiple IDocs within one XI message.pdf|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30ea2fdf-f047-2a10-d3a2-955a634bde6b]

Else about your physical directory, remind that you can only defined a directory of your PI server (not your desktop of course).

So see with admin team to get the good one, because maybe your directory is not yet mount with AL11 tcode.

Note: by using port XML-file or XML-HTTP file, you loose the possibility to return easily a technical Acknowledgment to ECC (idoc ALEAUD), as it's no more a real idoc (as you don't use an idoc port in ECC), except if you create the corresponding interface.

Regards;

Mickael

Edited by: Mickael Huchet on Oct 17, 2011 9:49 AM

Answers (0)