cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to consume a web service ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to consume a web service which was provided by share point ,we got a URL not WSDL from shre point team when I use the URL in browser am able to see the XML data,and when try to consume that in WDP ABAP am followinig the link below to consume

http://www.sapdev.co.uk/sap-webapps/sap-webservices/ws_abapproxy.htm

according to step 2 in the blog Create ABAP proxy when i give the web service URL am getting the folowing error

HTTP error (return code 500, message "Native SSL error")

when I use the URL in browser it showing up XML

kindly advise me how can I reslove this

even am folowing link

because we do have the cookie requirment as we need to send the cookie to web service as a response,even I struck up at the proxy create.

Regards

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

It might be a security set at the ABAP System. Please talk with BASIS on accessing this URL in the ABAP.

Mean time, you can save the content (XML data displayed in the browser) and save it in a local file say mywebservice.wsdl and use this file for generating the proxy.

Regards,

Nikhil Bose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikihl,

Thank you for the suggestion yup I tried your approach I saved the XML data into local file and named with WSDL extension and tried to create a proxy calss I got the following error

Incorrect value: Entity "<<document>>"(0 /41 ). only whitespace allowed; ignoring characters

Exception of class CX_SLIB

what to do suggest me

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me know one thing will the WDP ABAP accepts URL or else it should be WSDL only, because when I consumed web services in WDP JAVA we never used URL always we used WDLSs only.

And if cont get the WSDL what is the alternate for me to consume the web service.

Regards

Rajesh

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

there is no restriction like web services in java works and that in ABAP doesn't. ABAP service consumption is through proxy class only like Models in java.

And the error probably because of the WSDL file content. you can try saving it propertly - view HTML page source and remove all un-necessary HTML tags and text and save it. This could probably solve your problem.

-Nikhil Bose