cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal - how to edit check out record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I would like to ask you, how can we work on the portal on the check out record ?

In my case we have and workflow, the workflow on the start poin is checking out an record. Now user has a task (Process step called in workflow) to fill out some fields on the portal. That is impossible to do because in MDM Record Details iView show always "Record Check out" and button "Edit" is gray out. However I that can be done on check ot record with no problem in MDM Data Manager.

We would like our users to use only portal, therefore is important that they will have eit option enabled on check nad beeing in workflow record.

Thank you for your help.

BR

Rafal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we are using MDM WD component. there is an option that allow user to join the checked out record when open the item detail view. then user can edit the record.

i think you can all some java api to achieve the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you give more info about MDM WD? What is that exactly.

BR

Rafal

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MDM Web dynpro component, which requires CE server.

it is something similar to MDM BP for nw7, but much more powerful and easy to extend and customize.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think we have that installed. Can you help me to configure iView for check out records?

I am starting with:

create new iView

choosing:

Web Dynpro Java application - create iViews from deployed Web Dynpro Java applications

and then:

Create a single full-page iView from each application variant

what I should choose next ?

Thank you for gude

BR

Rafal

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you sure you have ce installed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If we do not have installed that is any other way to work on check out records on the portal?

BR

Rfal

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

join the checkout before pass the id to item detail view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If that is possible is great. Can you describe how should I set up my iViews. We would like our users to use only Portal iViews / Pages. They should not have MDM Data Manager.

Is possble for you to give me a bit more instruction, kind of step after step how can I set up Item Details iView?

Thank you in advance very much. If I can edit check out record in iView - you will save my day.

BR

Rafal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I just find out the reason, but still need a solution. THe problem is I can see the original record. My workflow is checking out record after "Record Update" that mean I have to show check out record details, how to do it?

Thank you for suggestions

BR

Rafal