cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple NWDS Versions on one Workstation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have two WAS environments. One is NW04 SP17 and one is NW04S SP07.

Is it possible to have two NWDS versions installed on the same workstation?

Why? It seems that an exact match between NWDS and the WAS is needed.

We noticed that NWDS/NW04/SP17 installs under /program files/sap/jdt and that NWDS/NW04S/SP07 installs under /program files/sap/ide.

TIA!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I think you can, because I have a NWDS installed as well as a totally separate installation of eclispe on the same machine. I think that you will need to somehow segregate the installations under....

C:Program FilesSAPJDT

Maybe renaming the elispe folder here is enough. This would be the older version of NWDS, you may have to update your shortcut to the executable.

Then when you install the new NWDS, I assume that it will create a new eclispe folder under this path.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I see that you have updated your post, if this is the case, I say that there will be no problems in have the two on your machine if they install to two separate places.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case you use NWDI, you will definitely run into problems, since both NWDS installations will (by default) use the same configuration folders for the DTR and Development Configurations. <a href="/people/helmut.tammen2/blog/2005/09/27/running-multiple-versions-of-netweaver-developer-studio-on-one-developer-pc--another-approach">Refer to Helmut Tammen's weblog for more info</a>.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rich and Pascal,

With the help of those references, I was able to get both version installed.

Also ... it looks like NW04S installations will require less retrofitting as the default installation directories use .../SAP/IDE/<SP#> as opposed to NW04 which uses /SAP/JDT

Cheers ... Bart