cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Chinese Characters in Smart Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iu2019m trying to print Chinese characters via smart forms. However during print preview or print, all Chinese characters are showing as # symbols.

I have researched and implemented for some possible solutions posted in the forum like:

a.) Setting the regional language control panel.

b.) Activating the multi-byte function in I18N.

c.) Checked the output device is SWINCF.

d.) Control parameter language is ZH (Chinese).

Unfortunately it still doesnu2019t solve the problem. Any input is highly appreciated.

With regards,

Marc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

I faced similar issue while developing Smart form into Chinese and Korean languages.

With the help of Basis team, we installed Asian language package in the system and it started working good.

Before installing the package it was displaying Junk characters.

You can check with Basis team, if there is Asian Language package is installed in your system, I hope it will resolve the issue.

Regards,

Krishna Chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remark following basics:

Forms:

Language of the form must be: "ZH".

Due to a SAPNOTE only font family CN* (CNSONG etc.) is mapped.

For frontend print, you must install chinese true type on you local PC and print via "CNSAPWIN" .

For backend print, you must install neccesaary fonts in your printer to the resident fonts. You must use a printer like "CNHPL4" or so.

For PDF archiving, you must upload truetype fonts to application server -> basis guys.

Cascading Fonts:

If you mix different subfonts to unicode areas, you must use CNSAPWINCF.

Until now, only frontend printing is available.

Note:

Spool created for back end print with print preview is only a simulation of getting a picture of the output created with front end technology. So it can differ, when the printer does not have the resident fonts.

Regards,

Christian

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Just an additional point to your reply.

Cascading fonts solution with device types like SWINCF etc can be used for backend printing if you use Access Method S, SAPSprint and a windows print server.

Regards,

Aidan

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually the # character indicates that the device type(character set of the device type) does not support the character.

However, the device type SWINCF is a unicode device type and should support the Chinese characters. Are you sure that SWINCF is the used device type. If you debug and check the parameter OUTPUT_OPTIONS-TDDEST passed smartform function module, does it contain an output device defined with device type SWINCF?

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to pass :

TDDEST = LOCU

TDPRINTER = SWINCF

But I still get # as Chinese characters.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What windows OS is your PC? Are there Chinese fonts installed? I would suggest to set registry settings KeepFile=1 and LogLevel=5 as described in SAP Note #1149136 on your Frontend PC. Then try again to print a spool. The created sapwinxxxxxxxx.log file should contain further information about the fonts used wetc.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's Windows XP.

Would you be able to send me the OSS note document? Because I dont have access to it.

One thing I noticed in transaction SO10, I tried to maintain a Chinese language but the Chinese characters always shows as "?" symbol. Does this have anything to do with the fonts?

With regards,

Marc

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In registry path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\SAPlpd\SAPLPD, create string parameters "LogLevel" with value 5 and KeepFile with value 1.

For your second query, do you use the MS Word as saspcript editor for sapscript and smartforms? This is needed for unicode editor. You can activate the MS Word editor via report RSCPSETEDITOR from SE38 for sapscript and smartforms.

On Windows, select: Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options.

Go to tab strip 'Languages'. Is the flag 'Install files for East Asian languages' set?

Then go to tab strip 'Advanced'. Is the flag at codepage conversion table 936 (Simplified Chinese) set?

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done the following:

1.) Create string parameters "LogLevel" with value 5 and KeepFile with value 1.

2.) Activate the MS Word editor via report RSCPSETEDITOR from SE38 for sapscript and smartforms.

3.) Set flag 'Install files for East Asian languages'.

I can't seem to find the advance tab to set the flag at codepage conversion table 936 (Simplified Chinese).

I tried to maintain the Chinese translation in SO10 for fixed texts in the form and now its working when I preview the form. However, how can I maintain Chinese translation for dynamic data? It is still showing #.

With regards,

Marc

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

See point 1 of SAP note 392002.

1. The system does not differentiate between translation-relevant and non translation-relevant texts. The latter are texts which, for instance, only contain symbols. These texts are not offered in the translation transaction SE63. This is not an error, rather it is intended to be so because it would not make sense to translate such a text.

The contents of a symbol depends on what is passed from a print program.

Regards,

Aidan