cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM after upgradation of solman 7.0 to 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

what about the change requests/transports which are in mianteneance cycle ( either at test phase etc) after the configuration of ChaRM in solman 7.1.

What will be their status and how will be carried to production???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidra,

WIthin 7.1 you now have different transaction types. This allows you to close your existing maintenance cycle. Old transaction types (SDMJ, SDHF etc) will still work in 7.1., but they will not have the new functionality associated to them.

It is important to note that new functions in 7.1 are only available in the SAP CRM WebClient with the new transaction types. Therefore you can use SAP GUI or SAP Workcenter to close your old transaction types after the upgrade process, and you do not need to close all maintenance cycles before the upgrade.

My stong advice is to make sure you have a cut-over plan, and a system that you can test the plan in before you upgrade your Productive Solution Manager landscape.

Good luck,

Rich Labib

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sidra,

I think projects should be closed properly and then upgrade to Solution Manager 7.1 then start creating your new projects or using the existing ones.

This is my speculation.

Regads,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u for your reply Faisal

But what if we cant close all the change requests...

How those transports will be replicated with their current states after upgradation??