cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valid instance type for this instalation optiion are SCS, ER2, j2eedi, J2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello . I want to install a NW7.3 based BI system. I found reccomendation to start with ABAP instance an then start of Java central server installation

However I have checked option BI Java and additionaly I had EP, AS, EPC, and BASIC.

however on next screen I am asked about SAP system ID(I entered the ABAP installed one i.e. BI4)

However this gets recognized that BI4 is already existing after ABAP.

SAP system BI4 exists and is not suitable for this installation option. DIAGNOS: Valid instance type for this instalation optiion are SCS, ER2, j2eedi, J2eeci , but instance ASCS01 has different type

Solution: Choose a different SAP system ID or unistall the existing one

What to do?

Thank you in advace for help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Now when I have suceesfully installed both (java @abap systems) I wander how to connect them.

I red somewhere I should establish a JCO connection but I wander where

I found new netweawer administrator http://<host>:5<sysnr>00

JCO can be established via http://<host>:5<sysnr>00->configuration->infrastructure->JCO RFC provider.

But which programID to use and..

Is there somewhere some guide how to build BI out of this 2 (java @abap) systems. I only during java instalation entered users to get user communication between java@abap

Thank you in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

You were right. thank you a lot.

My last question: Do I have to install again dtabase sw with ora<sid> user or can I skip this step ( I guess I can)

Thank you a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you need separate database then please install database software again for different SID.

If you want to go for MCOD then I guess no need.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can decide that, both is possible. If you have a second database you have to also configure db backups for it and you have to patch it in the future. But on the other hand it gives you a bit more flexibility, for example if BI_JAVA needs a certain database patch, you can leave the BI Abap alone. I would tend to install both SAP systems in one database in very small environments and in separate databases for larger installations.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to install a new SID. Dual stack installation is not possible anymore for BW. However you could use MCOD and install the BI_JAVA withing the existing database.

But you will have to have two seperate SAP systems.

Cheers Michael