Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in printing smartform using both arabic and english logon

former_member538160
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have problem in printing the smartform through both arabic and english logon. i have developed a invoice which would be printed on pre-printed stationary. i am able to print both english and arabic texts on the same form..now the issue is some users print the invoice through english logon some though arabic logon. in case of english it is perfect. but if my user logon in arabic my total form layout is getting shifted to RTL(right to left) format.

for example.

i have customer number and name on the left top of my layout. my logon lan is english it is getting printed perfectly. but my logon language is arabic customer name and number is getting printed on right top.

english logon:

customer name: ttttttt address: 87686

number : 1234 telno:jhh

in english log on my print is like this.

but in arabic same print is coming like below

arabic logon:

87686: address ttttt: customer name

jhh: telno 1234: number

how to resolve this. because i am using preprinted page. so irrespective of my logon lan system should print the invoice in same way....if you guys have any suggestions please help me out naaa..

Edited by: rakesh_karpurapu on Oct 17, 2011 12:05 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh

May be you have an idea for Arabic/Hebrew smartform with Right to Left. How it works

I developed a form in English which is Left to Right and from SE63 i converted the smartform into Hebrew .

For testing i copy all the English text into Hebrew from SE63. Some English char ie email address works in different way

example : my email id ravi.shankar.tiwary at ch.schindler.com (EN)

when i print in Hebrew : r.comravi.shankar.tiwaryat ch.schindle (HE)

do you have any idea why ?

which font should i select or any suggestion.

with best regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Arabic language is RTL language automatically if you are logging in to arabic login by default it comes RTL.So to print in standard stationary you have to align the form according to the RTL format.

Thanks

Fayaz.

former_member538160
Participant
0 Kudos

OK guys, thanks for your replies..

i was able to excalate pre-printed format for invoice printing.. i am printing the invoice on the plane paper with both english and arabic language, by passing lan option in control params as 'A'.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should not be the logon language that determines this. The important setting is the parameter CONTROL_PARAMETERS-LANGU when the application calls the function module of the smartforms. If this is set to 'E', then the problem shoudl not occur. Also, the parameter USER_SETTINGS should be empty.

Regards,

Aidan