cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SAP GRC on MS SQL Consolidation Server possible ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We have a scenario where our customer has decided to go for "MS SQL CONSOLIDATION" server using Microsoft virtualization and using MS SQL 2008 Database software for it's SAP and Non-SAP applications.

Where each application will have it's own "DB Instance" , which will be created using "SQL SERVER DVD's" provided by Microsoft for Consolidation purpose.

My question is ,

1) Is it possible to install "DB Instance" for our GRC system on the software provided by "Microsoft" ???

Note: We are going for a distributed system method where Appln Instance and DB Instance is different

2) Is there any specific difference between "Installation DVD'S/CD's" for Database software provided by SAP for it's installation for NW2004s OR any other SAP installation ?

Please let me know if any point is unclear .

Thank You.

Regards,

Victor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>> 1) Is it possible to install "DB Instance" for our GRC system on the software provided by "Microsoft" ???

Yes. But why this specific doubt ?

>> 2) Is there any specific difference between "Installation DVD'S/CD's" for Database software provided by SAP for it's installation for NW2004s OR any other SAP installation ?

No specific difference. Only the database release/version varies. For e.g. for latest NW release you would want to go for latest database software release available and supported.

For e.g. For latest Windows environment i.e. Windows 2008 R2 you would want to go for MS SQL Server 2008 R2 database software - which is available and supported for Windows 2008 R2. And this combination is supported for all current and upcoming NW/SAP releases such as NW2004s, NW7.01, NW720 etc.

So there is no technical difference in the SQL database software to be used for different SAP releases, no matter you install SQL Server 2008 R2 with ECC 6 or BI 7.0 or SRM 7.0 or with NW 7.0/NW7.3 etc.

Availability and supportability can be verified by service.sap.com/pam (Product Availability Matrix) and service.sap.com/notes (SAP Note search)

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I guess my question was not framed correctly .

My doubt is , will we be able to Install SAP GRC , for which the RDBMS DVD/CD has been provided by Microsoft for thier SQL Consolidation Server which will be used by other NON-SAP applications ???

I have this doubt because , i feel that the files/libraries installed using Microsoft DVD's will be generic and not SAP specific , as to the files contained in the DVD provided by SAP to install MS SQL server Media No. (51038943) .

I hope that my doubt is clear.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Victor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> 1) Is it possible to install "DB Instance" for our GRC system on the software provided by "Microsoft" ???

So you meant the DVDs directly from the 'Microsoft Vendor', not from the SAP (service.sap.com/swdc).

Well this is I think you yourself have to confirm from SAP (vendor) as in for this specific consolidation contract. I never heard using the SQL Server Software RDBMS DVDs downloaded from the Microsoft Site for the SAP installation.

Thanks