cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Friends

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could any of you tell me what is the difference between process integration and application integration?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnaprasad,

<u><b>Application integration</b></u>

Application integration (sometimes called enterprise application integration or EAI) is the process of bringing data or a function from one application program together with that of another application program. Where these programs already exist, the process is sometimes realized by using middleware, either packaged by a vendor or written on a custom basis. A common challenge for an enterprise is to integrate an existing (or legacy) program with a new program or with a Web service program of another company.

<u><b>

Process integration</b></u>

Process integration is a key mechanisms through which most intra and cross-enterprise interactions take place.

Intra-enterprise process integration which concerns alignment

between the internal business processes and information systems enclosed in

the form of software services and 2) cross-enterprise integration which

concerns coordination of the internal business processes of an enterprise with

the processes of its suppliers, intermediaries, or customers.

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Thomas,

I would be very thankful to you, if u can provide one practical example for application integration and process integration.

Regards,

Krishna Prasad.P

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

For "Process Integration", personally I don't think this phase is a correct phase for a process is integrated itself. However, you can take "Process Integration" as a business word while "Application Integration" is a technical word. But in nature they are the same in XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishana

Here the document describe about process intigration

1. Http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/3a9b403e5030b4e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

2. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/70/58b43be7492354e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Here second Document will tell you between intigration and application how they used where they used.

Hope these doc will help you.

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Process Integration : the act of integrating a set of process steps to create a process flow

Application integration : The process of creating communication between applications performing distinctive functions such as CRM, Billing, and Logistic, and sharing and updating common information such as customer details, services, products catalog information, etc.

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Prasanth,

I would be very thankful to you, if u can provide one practical example for application integration and process integration in simple words.

Regards,

Krishna Prasad.P